Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just reading the VROC board and a member there mentioned he had heard that Kawasaki had a new accessory kit for the Voyager heat issue. I put the part number he referenced in his post into our K Dealer website, and sure enough it comes up. Part # 99994-0370, list price $399.95. I"ll contact my accessory rep at Kawasaki and try to get some more information about it and what models it fits. Keep ya posted....

·
Registered
636 Posts
That is awesome let me know where I can get one I will be the first in line!

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update***

Just got off the phone with Kawasaki in CA. The KAMS kit is in stock and ready for shipment to dealers. The kit includes everything to convert 2009-2011 Kawasaki Voyagers to the 2012 Voyager KAMS system, and I mean everything....new radiator, shrouds, rear cooling fan, and electronics. Sounds like a bargan price to me! I inquired about fitting this kit to the Vaquero, Nomad and other 1700's and was told that this kit was specifically designed for the Voyager, but could possibly work on other models, but no guarantees.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Update***

Just got off the phone with Kawasaki in CA. The KAMS kit is in stock and ready for shipment to dealers. The kit includes everything to convert 2009-2011 Kawasaki Voyagers to the 2012 Voyager KAMS system, and I mean everything....new radiator, shrouds, rear cooling fan, and electronics. Sounds like a bargan price to me! I inquired about fitting this kit to the Vaquero, Nomad and other 1700's and was told that this kit was specifically designed for the Voyager, but could possibly work on other models, but no guarantees.
Jim, you think Kelly's would be willing to try this on "your" Vaquero and let us know the outcome? :D
Or would one of us have to pay for the priviledge of trying. :)

·
Registered
636 Posts
Is this for real!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Don't get to excided! I have the 2012 Voyager and I was on a 2100 mile trip last week and I almost pushed mine over the mountain. I was cooked the whole trip on this this bike. I had my heat gauge on the red H in the mountains and no power! .
I have been on the phone multiple times with Kawasaki , letting them know what I think of this bike. They are no help at all.

I am working with my local dealer to see what we can do about the heat. I am going to try a shorter windshield and try to find some kind of louvers to direct some wind to the rider and the motor. I have also asked them to see if my bike is running to lean, maybe that is the problem?:mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
78 Posts
I must have gotten lucky. I've ridden mine in 100+ degree weather and it doesn't overheat. Bone stock except for an exhaust debaffle.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Heat

I must have gotten lucky. I've ridden mine in 100+ degree weather and it doesn't overheat. Bone stock except for an exhaust debaffle.
Mine does not over heat but it on the guage but it will heat my legs up pretty good. I put a 12 inch shield on mine and it helped a ton!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I chopped my stock shield to around 15ish. I'm gonna put on the Klock Werks 14" flare when they finally release them

·
Registered
30 Posts
Don't get to excided! I have the 2012 Voyager and I was on a 2100 mile trip last week and I almost pushed mine over the mountain. I was cooked the whole trip on this this bike. I had my heat gauge on the red H in the mountains and no power! .
I have been on the phone multiple times with Kawasaki , letting them know what I think of this bike. They are no help at all.

I am working with my local dealer to see what we can do about the heat. I am going to try a shorter windshield and try to find some kind of louvers to direct some wind to the rider and the motor. I have also asked them to see if my bike is running to lean, maybe that is the problem?:mad::mad::mad:
I did 5000 kms over the last couple of weeks and a lot of it in 100 degree heat. As long as I was moving the temp gauge was right about half, stopped in traffic it went up to about 3/4 but never higher. Bone stock bike. Have you done any mods?

·
Registered
636 Posts
ride mine

I think maybe you should ride mine and see what heat is all about. I am hopeing there is no way the 2012 can put off as much heat as my 2010?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well Philip, quite honestly I really don't have any interest in doing the KAMS retro fit to my Vaquero. With my current setup, the bike runs so damn good and the heat really isn't a big issue to me...even in these hot AZ days (although I do my recreational riding early mornings). Maybe its the mods I have made, or the PC5 and Auto Tune, but the heat isn't a big enough issue that I feel the need to spend the time or money to make the changes. I do think though that Kawasaki has done the right thing offering a KAMS kit at an extremely low price to those that want or need to address a heat issue.

·
Registered
636 Posts
kams available

Well Philip, quite honestly I really don't have any interest in doing the KAMS retro fit to my Vaquero. With my current setup, the bike runs so damn good and the heat really isn't a big issue to me...even in these hot AZ days (although I do my recreational riding early mornings). Maybe its the mods I have made, or the PC5 and Auto Tune, but the heat isn't a big enough issue that I feel the need to spend the time or money to make the changes. I do think though that Kawasaki has done the right thing offering a KAMS kit at an extremely low price to those that want or need to address a heat issue.
I agree I am amazed that Kawasaki is allowing us with the choice to reto fit our older bikes with the Kams System. All the horror stories on this sight how kawasaki will not help with problems on this sight I am suprised. This is the fist Kawasaki bike I have owned and until now I was regretting it. Atleast it seems they are trying I guess. The only way it could be better is if they would pick up the tab on the labor. I am thinking the install is going to be exspensive !!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
I hope Kawasaki will post the installation instructions in a downloadable format. I'll bet installation is not easy but might be straightforward. I'd be willing to give it a try unless it involves opening up the engine.

I'd love to get an opinion from RACNRAY once this is available.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
I've googled this part number and the only results I find are in Vulcan forums. I can't find it listed for sale or in the Kawasaki site.Where are you finding this?

·
Registered
636 Posts
I couldn't agree more Jim, I don't recognize heat as an issue that I even mentioned to the Kawa reps over in Irvine, SweetT and I crossed the AZ desert and the CA desert on the way over to Irvine and the heat was never an issue. I just thought you might want to take one for the team <BG> :D
I talked about this last night and debated the issue of going ahead and installing it just to find out if the Vaquero could be retofitted, given the cost and all it's a bargain as the fan and radiator each cost more than that whole kit.
So now we have a kit at a bare bone cost and now the argument is labor to install it. Too funny

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You're right Philip, the cost of this KAMS kit is literally a give away based on the price of each individual item. Trust me, this is no big profit maker for the dealer either....very little markup on this kit. I think I'll order one for stock in case someone in the area wants to get the retrofit done. It's my understanding that Kawasaki will have installation instructions online next week for those mechanically inclined riders that want to do their own install. From what my rep told me, it's a pretty straight forward install.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I am not griping about the labor just made a statement that it doesn't look like it will be a 1 hour job.

1 - 20 of 132 Posts