Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read some threads about the KA-9006 air filter.
Are there good reasons for/against switching away from the stock air filter?

Do I need any other mods in order to use the
KA-9006?

Thanks,
Rod

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
If you are referring to the [email protected] ... cost vs shelf life, the amount of air that the 9 breathes is controlled by the air intake holes vs the filter imho.

The stocker is good for around 20k miles, the [email protected] is cleanable for life. No mods are needed, I run one on my classic.

·
Registered
292 Posts
+1 to whiting57. That is why I purchased the k&n; paid a little more for the k&n versus the stock paper filter, but now I have a filter for the life of the bike. Also noticed a slight improvement in power in mid range.

·
Registered
498 Posts
The guys at work tryed to talk me into that color. But my last bike was green so I had to switch it up. so I went with the indy solar yellow its a three stage Honda color(honda car)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Yella, didn't know that the filters came in green and yellow? Mine is red; do the other colors allow better airflow? ;)

·
Registered
498 Posts
Yella, didn't know that the filters came in green and yellow? Mine is red; do the other colors allow better airflow? ;)
I have no clue on how that got in this thread I haven't even read this thread yet. That was in responce to a painting a custom thread.

I also run the K&N for the same reason good for life unless a mouse eats it in the winter lol.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Hey SpringVulcan....You want a K&N filter, well I have one just setting in my garage. I just installed the Cobra powerflo intake on my 9 and won't be needing it.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey SpringVulcan....You want a K&N filter, well I have one just setting in my garage. I just installed the Cobra powerflo intake on my 9 and won't be needing it.
PM sent...

Rod

1 - 8 of 8 Posts