Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered said air filter. The guy at the counter said that the increased air flow might cause my pipes to blue (stock pipes with the screens drilled out). Any experience with this? Should I look into the Cobra FI200?

Thanks

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
bb, save your money on the FI thing. the k&n filter in your stock air box and w/stock exhaust is not going to increase your air intake that much. besides if it did, the head pipes under the heat shields would turn gold not blue. Blue only happens when your fuel is rich (low air and/or high fuel) and the exhaust temps are cooler. Gold shows up when the air/fuel mixture is lean and the exhaust temps are higher (as your freindly gov'mint epa would approve of).

Run with the new k&n and note any performance improvements or destractions. Mileage improvement or dropoff is one way to gauge change. Only if you keep your riding style similar. If your power improves, tendency is to be a little more aggressive (why waste good fun?) and that will kill your mileage. not a good way to measure results.

If you change the pipe system, then you may consider a FI module, but not always necessary. depends. out, ponch

1 - 3 of 3 Posts