Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I went to put the regulator bracket back on it was hitting the top of the filter ! There was a brief discussion about shimming the bracket , decided against that and went and got a Mobile m1-108 . Nice short filter , plenty of clearance for the vibration

·
Registered
643 Posts
I have used K&N 303 since the second oil change never an issue. Wondering is you got the wrong filter in the box. I do love having that nut on top of the 303 for ease of removal.

WB

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In my rush to get that filter off and get to the store for a different one never thought to read the actual filter numbers. It'll be the first thing I do when I get home from work , thanks

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,849 Posts
I have used K&N 303 since the second oil change never an issue. Wondering is you got the wrong filter in the box. I do love having that nut on top of the 303 for ease of removal.

WB
same here, mine fit just fine.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wish I had taken a picture , not sure what would be different about my '06 classic 900 , the 303 wouldn't let the reg bracket seat on the frame ?!?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Wish I had taken a picture , not sure what would be different about my '06 classic 900 , the 303 wouldn't let the reg bracket seat on the frame ?!?
Same problem with my 900 using Purolator Pure One filters - simply use stainless steel washers as shims on the rect/reg bolts between its bracket and the frame mounting bracket. Stainless nuts could be used as well.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We were considering shims but didn't want to jury rig my first maintenance on my new bike , just got it a couple weeks ago. May look into it closer next oil change and I'm going to be learning more about the screen , not alot of room for the bolt to come out

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
wix 51358 oil filters fits all vulcans

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have been using the Bosch 3300 oil filter and had to shim the bracket the last 2 oil changes. changed the oil last week and now the Bosch filter is ST3300 and fit with out the shims, about 3/16" shorter. strange that I could tell just by looking it seemed shorter before setting them side by side.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts