Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. My name is Chris. I have been stalking your site for a few weeks to get answers and decided to just join. here is a little about myself.

I have been a motorcycle enthusiast for a long time. I have owned 8 bikes (7 of which were sport bikes). My first passion has always been road racing. Over the years I have certainly slowed down. Last 3 yrs have been track day after track day.(I live in Fl we have a 365 riding season and 3 road racing circuits all within a 2-3 hr drive including Daytona which is 5 miles door to door). My wife and I had our first child 6 months ago which caused me to put racing and bikes on the back burner.

Recently I coaxed the Mrs. Into allowing me to buy a bike. Knowing I wouldn't see a track session for quite sometime and not wanting to haul ass on the streets I decided to buy a little cruiser to tool around on.

I am the proud and I do mean proud owner of a 2006 vn900 classic. I bought it for peanuts IMO and can't believe how much fun it is to ride. I expected it to bore me to death but nothing but endless smiles. I never ever expected it to have as much pep as it does. Even 2 up it will still get out of its own way. Very impressive little machine.

I don't have a lot of questions because my research here has basically answered all my questions about my bikes quirks. Such as front pulley, tire pressure,fuel gauge and such.

So here is a little about the sled. 06 900 classic, all black no badges' V&H pipes, lowered an inch, powder coated rims, spokes (black) with polished lips, blacked out fork lowered ( truck bed spray I think) same on center of air cleaner cover, sissy bar when 2up and cobra crash bars with hwy pegs.

The only issue I have is that it's lowered an inch. With my background I drag everything when I corner, so I kinda hang off it when I want the sensation of being a bad ass. Lol.... I tightened the rear preload and that helps of course.

I only have one question. Having a classic with spoked rims I assume a tubed tire? Yet the front rubber says "tubeless" any answers?

Thanks and I look forward to many miles on my Vulcan.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Yes. the Classic has tube required rims. I have tubless tires, just have a tube installed. Welcome and enjoy your new ride. Agree, it's a kick to ride, and handles very well.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
First, congrats on the new future rider! My son may like bikes more than I do and keeps asking for a dirt bike. I think he still needs to wait but I know I can't hold him off much longer.

I also run tubeless tires (with tubes) on my classic. I guess that's the cost of having the spoked look which I like.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
You aren't the first rider to be surprised with the 900. When my wife's arthritis got to her enough that she felt she had to get rid of her GL1800 Gold Wing, we got her a 900LT. I was skeptical, but the first time I test rode one, I was amazed. I now share riding her 900 when she doesn't want to ride and I decide not to take the VStrom out.

Our 900 also runs Metzeler tubless tires with the tube installed. Great tires, IMO. And welcome to the chaos. No, actually, this is a great site with lots of good folks and good info. Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Welcome. Congrats on a great choice of ride. Yes she needs tubes with "stock" rims unless you've got something else as bosco states. Tubless tires are ok.

Great site, great info from many a good folk.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts