Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I first want to say thanks to Jake C. For posting a step by step instructions on how to debaffle my stock 900 pipes. They sound great now and the pictures you posted were amazingly helpful. Im glad I got it done today because Thursday I will be taking my bike down to Arkansas for a little riding while im on vacation. (I hope the weather holds out) I hope to post some pictures of my rides for everyone like myself who is stuck in snow for 9 months out of the year.

Here is the link to Jakes instructions if anyone would like to try them out:
http://picasaweb.google.com/CrawfordJM84/DebafflingOfStockPipes09KawasakiVulcan900Custom?fe at=directlink#

Wish Me Luck!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I got a question for ya J GRZY. Did you just drill the baffle or did you completly remove it? Do you have any popping sounds going on or did you "marble". I have a set of OEM exhausts that Im gonna make sound better, just wondering if I should drill the holes or completly remove baffle. Ohhh yeah and good luck and have fun on your vacation.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just drilled mine. It sounds great not to much cracking or popping. Just enough growl to make it sound mean.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Cool...thanks for the reply. Cant wait to see your pics. Ride safe!

·
Registered
851 Posts
I did the 4 holes also and thought it sounded like someone was farting in the exhaust pipe, and then i did 4 more hole and i was a lot happier, but still not that loud! I road like that all last season and then about 2 weeks ago i put some cobra speedster longs on and they sound great, it doesn't sound like a 900 anymore. But GRZY if you do decide to go with 8 holes, do yourself a favor and do the marble you'll be happier with hardly any backfire, Have a fun and safe ride!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts