Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I hate winter. Nothing good ever comes from winter.

I hate snow, I hate cold windy weather, I hate sleet, I hate rain because it never comes when you need it, only when you want to ride on your day off, and I hate snow. Did I mention I hate snow? How about winter, did I mention I hate that?.

December through February........90 days of misery. Yes, in central Texas, there are many decent days in this time frame. Cant COUNT on them tho'. Can't make plans. I really hate those " L's " on the weather map. Those suck, especially in the winter. Nothing good ever came from an " L " on a weather map.

4 1/2 months till May 1st...........over 160 SLOW days. If I could just go to sleep and wake up May 1st I would. Wouldn't miss much. Anything less that 70 sucks.

I hate winter too

Thanks for understanding

I guess I should get married so I would have someone to complain to.

Maybe not

·
Registered
254 Posts
You're Welcome.:) Here in Nebraska, I feel lucky if I can at least get in one or two rides a month. I like 70 and above too. But I will take 40 and above if the streets are clear. At least it keeps me a little saner. You must be a night person too. I don't usually see too many posts this time of the night. I work night shifts so even when I'm off, I'm usually up most of the night.:eek:

·
Registered
719 Posts
Last year I rode down to 14degF. This year probably not, but I will haul the boat down the CBBT at the MD/VA line several times for fishing through February. It makes the winter go faster.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
You're crackin' me up! LOL. You guys have been getting it worse that us up here in the NE corner of the state. We've been setting up here watching the "bad" weather go north and south of us. We must be living right ;)

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts

I hate snow, I hate cold windy weather, I hate sleet, I hate rain because it never comes when you need it, only when you want to ride on your day off, and I hate snow. Did I mention I hate snow? How about winter, did I mention I hate that?.

December through February........90 days of misery. Yes, in central Texas, there are many decent days in this time frame. Cant COUNT on them tho'. Can't make plans. I really hate those " L's " on the weather map. Those suck, especially in the winter. Nothing good ever came from an " L " on a weather map.

4 1/2 months till May 1st...........over 160 SLOW days. If I could just go to sleep and wake up May 1st I would. Wouldn't miss much. Anything less that 70 sucks.

I hate winter too

Thanks for understanding

Maybe not
For some reason I have this feeling that you don't like winter. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
you ladies should pull up your panties, and enjoy what you got, the weather here is snow up to 3' of it in some places, I will be waiting for indian summer in feb to pull out the bike then not again till the spring. too busy trying to stay warm in between going to work and shouveling out the drive way. Stay warm boys and ride em when ya can.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Go for it Earl, I'm with ya all the way. Summer never really got very warm here in NY this season. All year I think I was able to ride with no jacket at night only twice. That sucks. Last year I rode many warm nights with no jacket. I'm gonna hatch a plan to become a snow bird when I retire. Thats if I'm allowed to retire!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Having withdrawls yesterday and forcast no rain so rode to work and weather went into lower 30's by afternoon. Decided I am not suited to riding below 40. Can't complain Mid TN usually has a few days a month with 40's and above and short winter. Looks like work mornings in the 20's are out though.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I used to share some of the views being stated here about rain and cold weather... in fact had post a status on Myspace about hating the rain and cold on Sept 26th after a solid week of rain, then sunday the 27th the sun came out and the temps were in the mid 70's... My wife and I hit the road with huge smiles on our faces... finally a day without rain and cold in middle Tennessee.!! Well at just a few minutes after 12 noon on that sunday Sept. 27 my attitude began the process of changing how I look at the day God has given us all to enjoy. At about 12:05 pm Sept. 27, 2009 we both were hit head on by a pick-up truck that cross the double yellow line with no time to blink one's eyes much less try to dodge. My wife was treated and release at a nearby hospital severly sore and road rashed (many of you probably already know this story) and I took a life flight chopper ride with a crushed leg with 3 compound points of fracture, now have steel rods above and below my knee... stayed nearly a week in Vanderbilt Trauma ward before coming home... my son set me up with a lap top where I could get on-line from my bed... well that lead to checking my Myspace Blog that I had ranted about hating the rain & cold... It then dawned on me how close I had come to never being able to see another rainy day much less a sunny day... I changed that status to "I will never complain about a rainy cold day again".

I'll just be happy to be alive to enjoy it, and still to this day 2-1/2 months later still feel this way and hope I will always still feel this way "Each day that God gives us to enjoy on this earth we should try to see the beauty in it... since I have sat and watched the rain as it beaded on the window and the light refract thru it to display a rainbow of colors... have watched the cold wind make the flag in my front yard fly proudly as it should to honor those that serve to protect us.

I know these sort of days are not good riding days, but our days here are numbered my friends, and that number is far too short to not enjoy everyday to it's fullest... somedays you have to look mighty hard to find the beauty in a gloomy cold wet day, but it is there.... God made that day just for us.!! :)

·
Registered
397 Posts
You know, I think you're on to something there, Mark. Thanks for the reality check. I'm not a big fan of winter weather either. I don't ice fish, ski, snowmobile, or play hockey (though hockey really doesn't have much to do with winter specifically anymore). Yeah I think about missing the ride every day right now, but it also gives me time to focus on a few other things that are important too. So if getting through the winter is my sacrifice for the enjoyment of the rest of the year, so be it... like banging your head against the wall 'cuz it feels so good when it stops.

·
Registered
6 Posts

I hate winter too

Thanks for understanding

Maybe not

Do u have to be so negative Earl!.....Maybe that is why u aren't married:rolleyes: Summer will come soon enough and then I bet u will be the one complaining about it being to hot to ride. Take a chill pill ;)

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
You know, I think you're on to something there, Mark. Thanks for the reality check. I'm not a big fan of winter weather either. I don't ice fish, ski, snowmobile, or play hockey (though hockey really doesn't have much to do with winter specifically anymore). Yeah I think about missing the ride every day right now, but it also gives me time to focus on a few other things that are important too. So if getting through the winter is my sacrifice for the enjoyment of the rest of the year, so be it... like banging your head against the wall 'cuz it feels so good when it stops.
In a funny sort of way the banging your head thing is sorta true... but my true meaning is that in each and everyday no matter what sort of weather... God has given us the gift of another of his beautiful days to enjoy, somedyas one has to look really hard before you start to see the beauty, but once you do start seeing beauty in the ugliest of cold rainy days... all days become happy ones, as you have learned to enjoy each sort of day as God would wish you to enjoy it :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
I used to share some of the views being stated here about rain and cold weather... in fact had post a status on Myspace about hating the rain and cold on Sept 26th after a solid week of rain, then sunday the 27th the sun came out and the temps were in the mid 70's... My wife and I hit the road with huge smiles on our faces... finally a day without rain and cold in middle Tennessee.!! Well at just a few minutes after 12 noon on that sunday Sept. 27 my attitude began the process of changing how I look at the day God has given us all to enjoy. At about 12:05 pm Sept. 27, 2009 we both were hit head on by a pick-up truck that cross the double yellow line with no time to blink one's eyes much less try to dodge. My wife was treated and release at a nearby hospital severly sore and road rashed (many of you probably already know this story) and I took a life flight chopper ride with a crushed leg with 3 compound points of fracture, now have steel rods above and below my knee... stayed nearly a week in Vanderbilt Trauma ward before coming home... my son set me up with a lap top where I could get on-line from my bed... well that lead to checking my Myspace Blog that I had ranted about hating the rain & cold... It then dawned on me how close I had come to never being able to see another rainy day much less a sunny day... I changed that status to "I will never complain about a rainy cold day again".

I'll just be happy to be alive to enjoy it, and still to this day 2-1/2 months later still feel this way and hope I will always still feel this way "Each day that God gives us to enjoy on this earth we should try to see the beauty in it... since I have sat and watched the rain as it beaded on the window and the light refract thru it to display a rainbow of colors... have watched the cold wind make the flag in my front yard fly proudly as it should to honor those that serve to protect us.

I know these sort of days are not good riding days, but our days here are numbered my friends, and that number is far too short to not enjoy everyday to it's fullest... somedays you have to look mighty hard to find the beauty in a gloomy cold wet day, but it is there.... God made that day just for us.!! :)
Musicman, I couldn't agree with u anymore!! Life should be enjoyed, not taken for granted. I cherish my life and love to share it with my significant other. I have had a past with someone that took life and other things for granted and didn't appreciate anything! Ride, live, laugh, and love.....life is too short not to!

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Musicman, I couldn't agree with u anymore!! Life should be enjoyed, not taken for granted. I cherish my life and love to share it with my significant other. I have had a past with someone that took life and other things for granted and didn't appreciate anything! Ride, live, laugh, and love.....life is too short not to!
Not that I am a big country fan, but Tim McGraw has a great song that fits right in here called "Live Like You Are Dying"... one never knows when it will be your last moment here in earth, enjoy each and every day, rain, snow, cold, warm or sunny... God gave them to you to enjoy before being called home to be with the angels.!!

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Looks like I won't be riding for awhile. They are calling for our first major snowstorm tomorrow. Winter, what is it good for? Absolutely nothing!
Sure it is... without the cold and ice we'd not be able to stand the bugs in the summer, all the trees would wither up and go away... try to find the beauty in the snow, some of the most beautiful photos ever taken were of snow covered things... it's all in the attitude... tell yourself it's all ugly and no good, and that's what it will indeed be, but when given the lemon of snow, make the lemonade of enjoying it's beauty... go make a snow man on a snow motorcycle... just be glad you are alive to be here to see such a day... a day that God gave to you as a gift :D

·
Registered
344 Posts
I'm with Earl. If my days are numbered (certainly they are) then I would rather they be warm sunny ones. People tell me I would get bored. Try me :) If I felt the need for cold (fat chance), then I could vacation there... I am where I am 'cause this is where the job is, not 'cause I like cold, rain, ice and snow in the winter.
I live in an oak forest, wish they were palm trees!

Snowing like mad right now. Prediction is for near 2 feet. Uggg!

Woody

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
I do thank God every day I can open my eyes. I don't hate winter, I just don't like it. After working outside for 36 years I can say that winter has been the hardest on me. The cold and the snow can hold off till next winter (I'll be retired). :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts