Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
I just replaced my stock Stones with the MAX line. Same size, same brand, same tread pattern, same ply, different compound.

Bridgestone Exedra Max Bias (in same sizes as stock)

Got mine from motorcycle-superstore.com

I've got about 200 miles on them and so far so good. Would never order the stock Stones again. Only got 5,500 out of the rear. Pulled my wheels off the bike and brought to a dealer I trust. (Which isn't many)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the information. I will check into those.
Roads in Florida are good I guess. I have 7k miles on my oem stones and still have about 2k left I would say. Only reason I have to change them was I am taking a long journey in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Many people have been running Metz 880's and Dunlop Elite 3's on the back with success. I've read some complaints about the front tires in these brands though and that's why a switched to the different compound but same brand. I have no idea how long they will last. I do a lot of highway riding at 80mph. Last time I kept the rear tire close to 40psi regardless of if I had a passenger on the bike or not. This time I'm running about 37.5 in the back and 26.5 in the front.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have been running the Kaw psi pressure. Seems low but the bike is happy so I guess they are ok settings.
I would like to go with the Michelin C II's but waiting for some feedback from a friend of mine that just installed them on his HD. I want to see how his mileage is doing. Pretty costly but if they hold up, I guess they are worth it. Members here seem pretty happy with them so far.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Just installed Dunlop American Elite 3 last week; taking a couple of long trips over the next two weeks, so I'll report back.

Got 7,700 miles on the stock 'Stones, and they were shot when they were replaced. Wanted to get the Mich CII's, but on backorder seemingly forever...

·
Registered
194 Posts
I just replaced my stock Stones with the MAX line. Same size, same brand, same tread pattern, same ply, different compound.

Bridgestone Exedra Max Bias (in same sizes as stock)

Got mine from motorcycle-superstore.com

I've got about 200 miles on them and so far so good. Would never order the stock Stones again. Only got 5,500 out of the rear. Pulled my wheels off the bike and brought to a dealer I trust. (Which isn't many)
I put exedra MAX on my voyager expecting better than the stock ones....only got abut 9000 miles before wear bars. Not much better than stock, so I wouldn't get them again. Put the Commander IIs on front and back. Not enough miles to report longevity, but the tires ride and handle fine.

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
After going through two stock "stone" rear tires after 15,000 miles on my 2011 Vaquero, I had Commander II tires installed rear and front by my Kawasaki Dealership. Run 41psi Rear & 36psi Front.

Love how the ride and handle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts