Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Got it also. I have 3 of their windshields. I am assuming it will be a little cheaper as it appears they are not going with a wider version like my other windshields...

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Having a vent will be nice. I'm sure it will be a lot more expensive the the Kawasaki accessory windscreens, or the Rifle windscreens.

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Best windshields I ever had. Looking at their web site for the price of the same one I got for my Venture 11 years ago... it is a LOT cheaper than it was then. I was part of the first run production. I get the light gray. Clarity is far better than the factory windshield. Clarity on this VV factory one is not as good as to what I am used to.

The vent is worth the price, but when it is closed it really isn't closed. It has a built in air bypass. When bugs hit the horizontal plastic strip it splatter all over you and rocks will come through and hit you in the chest just like not having a windshield.

IMG_0599.jpg

·
Registered
636 Posts
I bought a shield here in Phoenix at AzBike Week for my wifes HD 1200 Custom, I spoke to the owner about my Vaquero and gave them my stock shield the next day to use as a template. I was supposed to get a discount on a 14" shield when they got them done. Funny I never got a word from them and now I see this.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I put a Clearview on my 2009 Venture and it was a good quality product. The only thing I didn't like was the re-curve design. I didn't like the distortion of view on sharp twisty roads. I hope the Voyager replacement shield will have this as an option and not built into all of them.

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Weird....the one I had on my Venture was the 2 inch taller than stock and wider than stock. , it had no distortion at all unless you consider looking through it from the side being distortion.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Weird....the one I had on my Venture was the 2 inch taller than stock and wider than stock. , it had no distortion at all unless you consider looking through it from the side being distortion.
Did it have a re-curve? I looked over mine but when going into a tight curve like a hair pin curve that we see in Colorado or out in the black hills I had to look through it and it really distorted the turn.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Best windshields I ever had. Looking at their web site for the price of the same one I got for my Venture 11 years ago... it is a LOT cheaper than it was then. I was part of the first run production. I get the light gray. Clarity is far better than the factory windshield. Clarity on this VV factory one is not as good as to what I am used to.

The vent is worth the price, but when it is closed it really isn't closed. It has a built in air bypass. When bugs hit the horizontal plastic strip it splatter all over you and rocks will come through and hit you in the chest just like not having a windshield.

View attachment 7495
So how does the vent do in the rain? Funnel it up the backside of the windshield or spray it back on the rider?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts