Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put my brand new set of Cobra Dragsters on my 2010 Vulcan 900 Classic LT.

I removed the stock baffles that came with them prior to installation.

2 words...

HOLY ****!

This thing sounds AMAZING. This is probably the loudest bike I have ever heard. It's not raspy sounding at all. Not for the faint of heart. It's music to my ears. This is how a motorcycle should sound.

Highly recommended

·
Registered
63 Posts
any pics....like to see what the dragsters look like on the classic. i debaffled a month ago and still need it louder. :-0

you have fuel controller as well or just pipes?

·
Registered
851 Posts
I have the Cobra Longs on my 09 LT and i couldn't imagine how loud they would be without the baffles. Got to hand it to ya, you got balls! Love to see a video?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Just go on the highway for a long trip mate - I guess you will pray for quiet baffles !! but - that's just my 0.02
keep us posted about your experience .....

Cheers from downunder

·
Registered
161 Posts
i had them on for a while , too loud for me ,then got baffels (cobra) still loud , then got smartpartz still loud , finally i put the orignal muffler back on , i hope you enjoyem more than i did , i admit very nice sound but too loud .

·
Registered
89 Posts
damn...lookin good. do you have a fuel controller as well?
Cobra FI200R I'll be hooking up soon. I've got a K&N filter coming, and when it gets here I'm gonna mod my cool chrome faux air scoop into a real one, then set up the FI2000R. Running fine at the moment without it, minimal decel popping and decent responsiveness, but when I do the mods that'll push it too lean.

·
Registered
851 Posts
man....I might pull the trigger on these. How much louder vs debaffled stock I wonder...
Debaffled stock doesn't even compare to how loud or the sound of the Cobra's!

·
Registered
89 Posts
you runnin just the pipes...wondering if i need a programmer if i do just the pipes
The most common school of thought says no with just the pipes, unless there is a lot of popping. Most makers will recommend it, as the bikes are a little lean and the pipes open it up a little.

I'm putting one on even though I have just the pipes. If nothing else, it'll save time later if/when I ever do something with the airbox.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I get a little pop on deceleration right now with full debaffle. I'm assuming it's running a little lean now. I heard of the marble mod but, now sure I completely understand what it does.

I think if I pull the trigger on an exhaust, I'll get fuel management as well.

Anybody look into the new Cobra Fi Autotune?

·
Registered
256 Posts
The most common school of thought says no with just the pipes, unless there is a lot of popping. Most makers will recommend it, as the bikes are a little lean and the pipes open it up a little.

I'm putting one on even though I have just the pipes. If nothing else, it'll save time later if/when I ever do something with the airbox.
I just went through this... my fi200r is still sitting in the box. V&H slash cuts, with baffles and smartpartz baffles, k&n filter, stock airbox.

Pulled the plugs and the bike is running a smidge rich.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just went through this... my fi200r is still sitting in the box. V&H slash cuts, with baffles and smartpartz baffles, k&n filter, stock airbox.

Pulled the plugs and the bike is running a smidge rich.
VH Slash-cut and Cobra Drags on my list. Just wondering how much better the tone / loudness is on aftermarket? Is it worth $400 for new pipes. Debaffled put a big smile on my face at first but, thinking I need more.

·
Registered
97 Posts
You will not be disappointed with the dragsters. I love the sound of mine, loud with a very nice tone. Worth the $$$ IMHO, get compliments all the time on the sound.

·
Registered
63 Posts
after tossing it around for a while, I just pulled the trigger on the cobras....can't wait to get em installed. got the kn drop in and Fi2000 auto-tune too. So, there goes the mod budget for the season. Hoping it all works out!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Cobra FI200R I'll be hooking up soon. I've got a K&N filter coming, and when it gets here I'm gonna mod my cool chrome faux air scoop into a real one, then set up the FI2000R. Running fine at the moment without it, minimal decel popping and decent responsiveness, but when I do the mods that'll push it too lean.
I have an 08 custom with these pipes, fi2000 and the K&N air filter in the stock box... out of curiosity, what are your fi2000 setttings?

I have great power through all the ranges (maybe it could be better? dunno), but still get some loud pops every once in a while. it's not the end of the world or anything, everyone just seems to have different settings with different results.

·
Registered
176 Posts
i had them on for a while , too loud for me ,then got baffels (cobra) still loud , then got smartpartz still loud , finally i put the orignal muffler back on , i hope you enjoyem more than i did , i admit very nice sound but too loud .
I did the same thing. Just could not take it on long trips.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts