Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't wait for these to come it. Ordered them through the guys at Metric Thunder for a unbelievable price, best price in the US hands down!

I've heard that I may need a new set of exhaust seals however my Bike is only 4 months old with very little usage. Hopefully I won't need to replace them but I guess I'll find out when taking off the Stock one :D

Can't wait to wake up the neighbors on that nice quiet Sunday morning :good:

·
Registered
75 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Added an image/URL to the last post but seems it didn't go through so posting the direct link :

http://www.cobrausa.com/gallery_popup.php?product_id=2646&Image=e6081391ae97a522c556157a8fb295ad.jpg
Please keep us posted on your results...especially any decel popping or fueling issues. I've been considering the same slip-ons for my Classic as well.

The best price I've seen the Cobra Slip-Ons for the Classic in Canada is $479 plus tax (expensive, but at least no duty or brokerage thru my Canadian Source).

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Np Vulcan Hammer, sent you a PM for now.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Can't wait for these to come it. Ordered them through the guys at Metric Thunder for a unbelievable price, best price in the US hands down!

I've heard that I may need a new set of exhaust seals however my Bike is only 4 months old with very little usage. Hopefully I won't need to replace them but I guess I'll find out when taking off the Stock one :D

Can't wait to wake up the neighbors on that nice quiet Sunday morning :good:
I didn't replace my seals, didn't need too. You should not either. :)

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
Those were the same s/ons I first installed on my Vaq back in 2011. They were a little disappointing as they didn't make much more power than my unbaffled stock mufflers and didn't make much of a sound improvement as I was looking for.
An easy fix was to remove the inner baffle and remove the cap welded onto the inner core that prevented it from being a straight thru core. THEN I got a better sound and some more ponies.
They do look nice tho, not big like other slip-ons.

RACNRAY

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Yep, I did the same thing to mine. Much better sound.:D

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's not what I wanted to hear RACNRAY :). I don't have them yet so i don't know how the baffle and the cap look like that but I may go ahead with your suggestions. Expect a long distance call ;-)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
It's very easy actually, that is if you do it early before the black carbon builds up in the big pipes. Just remove 4 small bolts at the end of each pipe and slip out the baffle. I used a hacksaw to cut the welds holding the end caps on. I took the baffles out soon after I installed the pipes to see how the baffles were made. They came out easy and went in easy then. A year later I wanted them louder and took the end caps off. It was hard because of the carbon build up. There's nothing to it if you do it early.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Davidsheek.

If I do it, it may even before installing them right from the get go.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I've had them on for awhile now and they are really nice and sound awesome without any additional mods. Plenty loud. ImageUploadedByMO Free1375555451.067802.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1375555481.153145.jpg

And yes, that is a Nomad backrest on my Classic :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts