Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon all. Just purchased a completely stock 2011 Vulcan 900C, with 5600 original miles a few weeks ago. Excited to browse through the forum to get some ideas to help start customizing. Currently it's under the knife getting 10" mini apes and new shinko 777s. Hoping to be able to get lots of insight from the forum to help things a lot easier when it comes to the motorcycle.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Good afternoon all. Just purchased a completely stock 2011 Vulcan 900C, with 5600 original miles a few weeks ago. Excited to browse through the forum to get some ideas to help start customizing. Currently it's under the knife getting 10" mini apes and new shinko 777s. Hoping to be able to get lots of insight from the forum to help things a lot easier when it comes to the motorcycle.
Welcome. I’d suggest the 170/80 on the rear right from the start. A bit taller will correct half of the speedo error and drop your rpm”s a hair….which the bike needs at above 65 when it starts getting buzzy

·
Registered
267 Posts
Welcome. I’d suggest the 170/80 on the rear right from the start. A bit taller will correct half of the speedo error and drop your rpm”s a hair….which the bike needs at above 65 when it starts getting buzzy
I did the same when putting new tyres on my 900C, the change was quite noticeable and much cheaper/easier than a pulley change.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Welcome from Arizona
+1 on the taller rear tire plus it gives you more tire options from more suppliers.
Add the front pully and you get the same result as changing both when you go with the taller tire.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts