Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just picked this up today. 2006 Nomad 1600. Only paid $1500 has some electrical bugaboos. Not charging. Runs and drives just off battery. Previous owner added a bunch of weird lights on the bags anf the plate frame. I have to track down the wiring as ive already found 2 random wires cut and taped . Ugh...
Land vehicle Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank

·
Super Moderator
1,000 Posts
Did you buy it for $1200 or $1500? :confused:

·
Registered
19 Posts
View attachment 254918
Just picked this up today. 2006 Nomad 1600. Only paid $1500 has some electrical bugaboos. Not charging. Runs and drives just off battery. Previous owner added a bunch of weird lights on the bags anf the plate frame. I have to track down the wiring as ive already found 2 random wires cut and taped . Ugh...
Doing a Jeep like that. This guy shouldn't of been allowed to own a screwdriver.
Same scenario cut and tape and I've got it finally all working even the horn

·
Registered
13 Posts
Doing a Jeep like that. This guy shouldn't of been allowed to own a screwdriver.
Same scenario cut and tape and I've got it finally all working even the horn
I started at the stop lamp today and kept cutting tape until I saw factory stuff. I had a nice pile of tape on the floor with subpar wire all hacked up.

·
Super Moderator
1,000 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,
New to the forum, I just bought a '22 Vulcan S. Was looking to upgrade from my cheap, Chinese 250 dual sport. It was good to learn the basics on but I felt I was ready for a "real" bike.... But with the supply chain shortages, I'm going mental waiting for my seat to be delivered. In 3 days it will have been a month since I signed for it. And it was only after putting a good amount of pressure on the saleswoman the other day, I finally have a day that Kawasaki is "trying" to ship the seat. I just want to ride.

·
Registered
2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Nomad ** 1981 KZ1000LTD
24 Posts
Hello. I just joined this forum. I bought a 2022 Vulcan 1700 Voyager about a week ago. Don't know much about it yet. But I'm loving it so far. I'm 71 years old and retired from the Marines and the Railroad. I've had Honda's, Yamaha's, one Suzuki and a Harley. But I have never had a Kawasaki before now. Really looking forward to getting the first 600 miles on it so it will be good to go for 5000 miles. This looks like the Forum to be in for this bike. Oh, and I live in Golden Valley, Arizona.
Welcome to the forum. I’m curious what your opinion will be of your Kawasaki compared to the other brands you have owned.

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Yup
Welcome. Love this forum. I have only experienced courteous, respectful folks on here.
, I slipped once and let the ole curmudgeon out n was corrected by admin. Someone desired info on disabling a VERY important safety feature to us riders and the 60+ jarhead got loose!!! Gotta let even the overadventurists have their say... Ride Safe, aho

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, Just joined the forum. Was searching for a better seat for my new to me Vulcan S ABS. 2021 model Metallic Flat Raw Graystone. Factory Seat is killing me. What can I do?

·
Super Moderator
1,000 Posts
Hello, Just joined the forum. Was searching for a better seat for my new to me Vulcan S ABS. 2021 model Metallic Flat Raw Graystone. Factory Seat is killing me. What can I do?
Start with an introduction thread of your own. Then ask any questions you may have.

Reactions: Vhawkr
21 - 40 of 56 Posts