Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my shark bluetooth speaker from their website.
i pay for UPS 3 day select and was here right on time.
order service and shipping was all great, BUT!!
the package came about 10 mins ago and when i open up, the speaker has been scratched up everywhere and the wire looks like its been hooked up from something else before and torn-off, the speakers looks def been used. also there are something sticky on the side of speaker that from a drink or something....weird.
and for all that, i do not want to install before they can do something about its own product. I do know its fairly cheap product, but i did pay for it and on the website it said BRAND NEW. and this is def NOT.

so i just e-mail them and see what they can do.

what about you guys who bought shark speaker ?
do they all look like that ?

·
Registered
148 Posts
they will get you fixed up, great company. LEt us know how the speakers sound I am interested in them.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they will get you fixed up, great company. LEt us know how the speakers sound I am interested in them.
I e-mailed them and now I'm waiting for the answers.
I just got it about 30 minutes ago. I'm not really happy about it.
if they do things right the first time like Phat, they wouldn't have to deal all kind problem with customer. right ??? i have heard some bad stories.
as i work for retail, I do know only mad customers will speak out.
good customer just keep it to them self.
if they fix it right, i will def let everyone know how good they are.

....just wait

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
box has no damage so I'm pretty sure UPS didn't abuse it when it was transporting.

speaker front face and body all scratched up bad.

one of the speaker even have sticky grease or some kind of drinks or god knows what.

Used and torned-up wire with something still left on it....and broken wire too.

this is what i get from SHARK, not sure what they are going to do about it.
just a photo evidence. got it today and not even going to install it. this is not acceptable.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I don't blame you, that is poor. I wonder what they're response will be. Hopefully they take care of you. I was looking to put one of these on my nomad. Interested in hearing your experience.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't blame you, that is poor. I wonder what they're response will be. Hopefully they take care of you. I was looking to put one of these on my nomad. Interested in hearing your experience.
i will let you know asap when they reply.
or i will go to every motorcycle forum that i ever join and let everyone see what their product really are. they only post good comm on their own website and that's bull.....

·
Registered
950 Posts
It looks like they sold you a returned item.

Shark sellers, such as "Gooddeals18.com" usually have good customer service. However, Shark stereos and speakers are cheap, and not just in cost. I took apart a set of speakers that came with a 250 watt motorcycle stereo I bought a couple years ago. It was a 3.5" 10 watt speaker (industry standard is 3 or 4 inch, not 3.5). I couldn't even buy a replacement speaker to install in the housing.

I like the Shark stereo. They are cheap, neat little gadgets that play music from a variety of sources. I bit the bullet and bought Polk Audio speakers from "Motorcycletunes" and hooked them up to my 650 Watt Shark radio. It really only puts out 75 watts RMS, which is what my speakers are rated for. I have much better sound than with the Shark speakers that came with it.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Shark is hit and miss with quality but always take care of you. If your case is like cases in the past, they are liable to just send you out a fresh set of speakers and tell you to not even bother with returning them.

I've got the shark 650 watt stereo. I'm satisfied with it. You'll never get truly good audio on a bike, especially without a fairing. All that wind distorts the sound. I've ridden Electra glides and voyagers too though and apart from better radio reception and a bit more volume, the quality wasn't really MUCH better than the shark.

Now, yes, those more expensive systems ARE better in audio quality. But the improvement isn't that fantastic and doesn't justify the cost, IMO. At least, the ones I have heard. One day I'd like to put a fairing on my bike (which will cut a lot of wind noise and turbulent wind out) and maybe a pair of 6x9's driven by my shark amp. Car audio 6x9's are much louder, higher quality, and a heckuva lot cheaper than the more premium grade motorcycle speakers.

I've also got a shark Bluetooth headset that I am very impressed with.

Their stuff is cheap, but you can't beat the price. Decent quality, good customer service. I wouldnt buy shark brakes or a shark saddle bag mount or anything like that (if they existed). But a set of speakers to drown out the boredom on a long super slab ride or to make my commute a little less boring, sure! I guess if you're expecting mediocre speakers at a dirt cheap price you'll be happy. It's the ones who are expecting audio similar to what they get in their car with a $100 Chinese set of speakers who are disappointed with Shark.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
okay, here is the thing, i got home from work 8pm and have a nice night out with my wife, now is 2am in the morning and i just want to see if the speaker even work or sounds okay, i hook it up to the acc port under the seat and the bike is not on...............guess what !!!!!!!

one of the speaker doesnt even work!!!!!!!
white noise is really bad and sound quality is just plain BAD......here is the thing.
for me i rather spend a good amount of money to get something that i would love and promote it, instead of nah...just something i use sometime and its okay.
this is not even okay, they shipped me a broken set and used.
what im going to do is get my money back full amount and never order from them again.
this is what i hate about ordering stuff online, there are always something bad.
and the worst is i got all exciting for the shipment but when i got it, its broken.

do you know how sad those kids got their xmas toy and was already broken ?
thats how sad i feel now and just makes me mad.

P.S. 95% of my parts i order online for my bike was from phat, and they never let me down. i did find someone cheapper than phat, but its their customer service kept me going back.

so final conclusion to all, buy at your own risk form shark, they should have never mail a used and broken product to customer. I do business with customer all day everyday, they are just really bad service. just a thought, dont they even LOOK!!! before they ship out ????? it just WTF!!!!!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Buyer beware...you get what you pay for! Most of the time.
i got a tast of it def.....:mad:

I'm now either going with sound of chrome, or rumble road or cycle sound.
about 200 to 300 dollar range and they all have good reputation.

also.....PHAT have all of them....lol, so i know im in good hand if i order, and it only take about a day for them to ship to me, and its free shipping too...lol

·
BOTM Winner, March 2013
348 Posts
This could happen to any store. It is matter of how they deal with it. I got the point that u r upset and now don't like the sound quality. Just ask for free return shipping and money back. That is all. I always pay with my paypal credit card for reason. If something goes bad I just file despute and get my money back.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This could happen to any store. It is matter of how the deal with it. I got the point that u r upset and now dont't like the sound quality. Just ask for free return shipping and money back. That is all. I always pay with my paypal credit card for reason. If something goes bad I just file despute and get my money back.
Im asking them for all money back including the shipping.
They waist my time and shipped me a used broken product.
If they only refound the item price not with the shipping, i will just despute with my credit card company. And this is my first despute ever since i own that credit card.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Shark finaly e-mail me back about their BRAND NEW broken and used product they shipped me. This is what they said in the e-mail.....

[email protected]
"HI - any way you can keep it for a partial refund? sorry about this"

????? WHAT ?????

If they said sorry, it means they know they made a mistake.
I e-mail them the pictures also and there is NO WAY I'm taking only partial money back.
Paid for 3 day shipping and got a box of trash. for a customer stand point i didnt do anything wrong. if they ship me a brand new product why would i ask for money back ?

anyway, e-mail saved and picture saved, bank disputed with full refund.
i have all the evidence to show my bank.

DO NOT BUY FROM SHARK !!!

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Shark finaly e-mail me back about their BRAND NEW broken and used product they shipped me. This is what they said in the e-mail.....

[email protected]

????? WHAT ?????

If they said sorry, it means they know they made a mistake.
I e-mail them the pictures also and there is NO WAY I'm taking only partial money back.
Paid for 3 day shipping and got a box of trash. for a customer stand point i didnt do anything wrong. if they ship me a brand new product why would i ask for money back ?

anyway, e-mail saved and picture saved, bank disputed with full refund.
i have all the evidence to show my bank.

DO NOT BUY FROM SHARK !!!
I'm in no way an expert but I'm not sure you can dispute a charge simply because you were not satisfied with a product. Disputing a charge is meant for charges that are fradulent or incorrect. (Like if I go to the movies, buy two tickets for a total of $16, and find two $16 charges on my account, I would dispute the other one). Even if your bank (after all, they work for you) rescinds the charge, it could end up messy on the shark side. They DID offer you a product. If you're not satisfied, you need to take it up with them, not the bank. You can't simply refuse to pay for a product you aren't happy with. You have to get the money back from the vendor, in a worst case scenario, sue.

Unfortunately, as bad as it sounds, receiving a product other than advertised is not to be dealt with in the bank, but rather the courts (or the Better Business Beureu or your states Attorney Generals office. Often that pressure gets things dealt with satisfactorily). Failing to pay for the item puts the ball in Shark's court. I am under the understanding that if you did that, they could sue, report you to the authorities, or even put it into collections. No court has so far determined that you received a product other than advertised, which means you are still obligated, legally, to pay for it.

I mean, do whatever you please I'm not gonna stop you of course! But just giving you a heads up. Got a relative who works at a bank and I had a similar situation (I was not given a refund as promised from a company who was dragging their feet. Item never shipped, I canceled it when it hadn't shipped for weeks). She told me that I could be sued for the bank re-claiming that charge because the charge wasn't fradulent, the service just wasn't satisfactory, which are two different things. If you get a cold meal at the restaurant, it's up to the restaurant to decide to charge you. You can't just 'not pay' because it wasn't very good. You can sue them, if you really wanted to, but you can't just 'not pay'.

Several people have been dissatisfied with Shark, some because they were expecting more (though I question why, the stuff is dirt cheap. I'm happy with both of my shark products, but I also paid peanuts for it. I wouldn't be satisfied if I had spent $300 on them), others because, like you, they got a bad shipment. I have a feeling Shark has a habit of re-sending returned items without first inspecting them. However, yours is the first case I've heard of a person not being satisfied. Often, Shark gives a full refund and doesn't even want the product shipped back! You may try to call them instead of e-mailing them.

Hope you get it settled. Hope I'm not being too 'pushy' with the bank advice, I'd just hate to see it get messier for you.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm in no way an expert but I'm not sure you can dispute a charge simply because you were not satisfied with a product. Disputing a charge is meant for charges that are fradulent or incorrect. (Like if I go to the movies, buy two tickets for a total of $16, and find two $16 charges on my account, I would dispute the other one). Even if your bank (after all, they work for you) rescinds the charge, it could end up messy on the shark side. They DID offer you a product. If you're not satisfied, you need to take it up with them, not the bank. You can't simply refuse to pay for a product you aren't happy with. You have to get the money back from the vendor, in a worst case scenario, sue.

Unfortunately, as bad as it sounds, receiving a product other than advertised is not to be dealt with in the bank, but rather the courts (or the Better Business Beureu or your states Attorney Generals office. Often that pressure gets things dealt with satisfactorily). Failing to pay for the item puts the ball in Shark's court. I am under the understanding that if you did that, they could sue, report you to the authorities, or even put it into collections. No court has so far determined that you received a product other than advertised, which means you are still obligated, legally, to pay for it.

I mean, do whatever you please I'm not gonna stop you of course! But just giving you a heads up. Got a relative who works at a bank and I had a similar situation (I was not given a refund as promised from a company who was dragging their feet. Item never shipped, I canceled it when it hadn't shipped for weeks). She told me that I could be sued for the bank re-claiming that charge because the charge wasn't fradulent, the service just wasn't satisfactory, which are two different things. If you get a cold meal at the restaurant, it's up to the restaurant to decide to charge you. You can't just 'not pay' because it wasn't very good. You can sue them, if you really wanted to, but you can't just 'not pay'.

Several people have been dissatisfied with Shark, some because they were expecting more (though I question why, the stuff is dirt cheap. I'm happy with both of my shark products, but I also paid peanuts for it. I wouldn't be satisfied if I had spent $300 on them), others because, like you, they got a bad shipment. I have a feeling Shark has a habit of re-sending returned items without first inspecting them. However, yours is the first case I've heard of a person not being satisfied. Often, Shark gives a full refund and doesn't even want the product shipped back! You may try to call them instead of e-mailing them.

Hope you get it settled. Hope I'm not being too 'pushy' with the bank advice, I'd just hate to see it get messier for you.
Thank you for the advice, as you can see what the e-mail said from shark
it means they do know they made a mistake, and i also called them yesterday and a recorded message telling me to only e-mail them.
i e-mailed them back telling them i have already dispute the charge with my bank and they can contact their bank to refund me. they got the pictures of broken product and they admited they are sorry to ship it to me.
I also told them i do not want to keep the box of trash and they can e-mail me a return label. so i clearly do not want to keep it, as you said only if i keep it and do not want to return, they might sue me or put in coloction.
so anyway, i would love to see if they sue, because i got everything file-up and ready to go. e-mails, phone calls, pictures. the most important piece of evidence is that e-mail they reply admit that they are sorry.
if I dont get my money back from their bank, I will take further action.
P.S. My wife work in a reputable law firm and there are lots ways i can get help for any legal advice if things go to the court.

·
BOTM Winner, March 2013
348 Posts
Well, they can give u money back for product and shipping if they r good company. But they don't have to. Try work it out with them first. Roman is right. Only reason I can do despute all day long because I use paypal card. It is very tricky thing to do. You will need to pay for return shipping. I just bought a processor for my pc and it came faulty. I had 30 days to return it to newegg.com. And I had to pay return shipping.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Well, they can give u money back for product and shipping if they r good company. But they don't have to. Try work it out with them first. Roman is right. Only reason I can do despute all day long because I use paypal card. It is very tricky thing to do. You will need to pay for return shipping. I just bought a processor for my pc and it came faulty. I had 30 days to return it to newegg.com. And I had to pay return shipping.
Wish there was a 'newegg' for motorcycle parts. I love that place! Bought the components for my last 2 PC builds from them.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
see, here is the thing, i e-mail them back yesterday after i got their e-mail and told them i would cancel the dispute with my bank if they give me full refund and if they want the product ship back, e-mail me a return label. (phat shiped me a wrong product once and e-mailed me a return label right the way, no charge at all) <= thats call a great company.
so i do want them to take it back and i do want to work out with them. but another day go by, still no e-mail reply after saying " I'm sorry, would you take partial refund"
i dont understand how would they do business like that ? they are busy updating their facebook ??
seem like they dont care i dispute with my bank. we will see.
P.S. i already got my Rumble road ultra and already installed today. it was fast from phat. sound is...........Superior !!!!! loud and clear. Appearancese.......Superior!!!
worth every peny i spend. !!!! Will never deal with shark again !!!!!

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
see, here is the thing, i e-mail them back yesterday after i got their e-mail and told them i would cancel the dispute with my bank if they give me full refund and if they want the product ship back, e-mail me a return label. (phat shiped me a wrong product once and e-mailed me a return label right the way, no charge at all) <= thats call a great company.
so i do want them to take it back and i do want to work out with them. but another day go by, still no e-mail reply after saying " I'm sorry, would you take partial refund"
i dont understand how would they do business like that ? they are busy updating their facebook ??
seem like they dont care i dispute with my bank. we will see.
P.S. i already got my Rumble road ultra and already installed today. it was fast from phat. sound is...........Superior !!!!! loud and clear. Appearancese.......Superior!!!
worth every peny i spend. !!!! Will never deal with shark again !!!!!
As far as "How they would do business like that" remember the price you paid. You don't have a product for $100 that everyone else sells for $400 without cutting back some.

That means cheap plastic, spray on chrome, a small understaffed and under-equipped customer service department, and a production facility that requires a translator to communicate with!

Like I've said before, people who deal with companies like Shark should only do so if they are willing to get a cheap product (All the way around). I like both of my shark products, but, there are others out there much better. But they cost a lot more! I didn't expect much, so I'm happy. If I had expected a great product with great service, I'd be just as mad as you.

To be fair, mine didn't come broken! But, it IS cheap.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts