Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i got the plug itself a while ago but i wanted to do it with a friend which live an hour ride from me but hes kinda busy with some stuff

So i ended up doing it myself. Was pretty easy thanks to JB video. Im not sure if i placed the sensor in the best place but there is defintely a change in the bike behavior.

The only tools you will need is a set of allen wrenches and a 10mm socket as far as i remember. And also a philip or a flat wrench
Zip ties, a table and scissors can help a lot as well.

The whole proccess took me about an hour

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Good Job! The only thing is you should have moved that sensor up just a bit to that Foam rubber piece just in front of the tank. It has a natural cradle/groove where the sensor safely sits in. But I am sure it's fine where you have it. Ride Safe!

Attachments

·
Registered
904 Posts
Good Job! The only thing is you should have moved that sensor up just a bit to that Foam rubber piece just in front of the tank. It has a natural cradle/groove where the sensor safely sits in. But I am sure it's fine where you have it. Ride Safe!
@IndyTom, everyone knows Booster Plug don’t work! Snake Oil! @MrCow, good job! Tell us if it works for you.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Apparently in their instructions on their site it say "it shouldnt touch metal bars"
here the full list:
- Install it in a location where the sensor is recieving a reasonable amount of cool air when you ride your bike.
- Do not place the external sensor behind cylinder heads, exhaust header pipes, or radiator.
- Do not install the sensor where it can "see" the sun.
- If you tie the sensor to the frame of the bike or other metal parts, isolate it from the metal with a piece of rubber. (You want to measure air temperature, not the temperature of the frame)
- The sensor does not need to "see" the full wind speed. It's fully sufficient if there is a reasonable amount of air exchange around the sensor.
- The sensor is not sensitive to rain. (Chill factor is for humans - the sensor does not care !)
anyway i did it about the same as what your picture shows
i cant really route the cable the same since i have to remove everything but i think its good enough
@IndyTom, everyone knows Booster Plug don’t work! Snake Oil! @MrCow, good job! Tell us if it works for you.
The bike felt different right at the start
i dont know what will it do on the long term but something did changed

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Definitely not snake oil. It does increase fueling during low rpms and WOT. It does make a difference in smoothing things out. It's not about increasing performance but to make it run better and smoother which the booster plug does. @mccow Since you do have it on the metal frame you probably should move it to the front, I don't think you need to take everything off. Just the seat and undo those zip ties and pull the sensor forward. There is plenty of space and wire length. Shouldn't take you more than 10 minutes max. The location where you have it now is pretty close to the engine that gets hot so the reading there will be warmer than up front.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Definitely not snake oil. It does increase fueling during low rpms and WOT. It does make a difference in smoothing things out. It's not about increasing performance but to make it run better and smoother which the booster plug does. @mccow Since you do have it on the metal frame you probably should move it to the front, I don't think you need to take everything off. Just the seat and undo those zip ties and pull the sensor forward. There is plenty of space and wire length. Shouldn't take you more than 10 minutes max. The location where you have it now is pretty close to the engine that gets hot so the reading there will be warmer than up front.
Better?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
904 Posts
Couldn’t agree with you more.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts