Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my Vulcan brothers, my first bike accident. I was sitting at the stop light waiting to turn left and a car to my right (turning left) ran right into me! The girl hit my front tire and i flew off the bike to the left. Scrapes, bruises, and a swollen chin, along with a banged up 900 is what I got! Could have been alot worse! I drove it away and noticed that the handle bars are off center and some vibration in the front wheel. I'll be calling my insurance agent in the morning. I hope nothing major is wrong. It scared the s#@t out of me! I felt helpless watching the car come straight at me while all i could do was yell! Crazy! I think she was texting or on the phone. She told the police she wasn't. Crazy!

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
Glad you're OK! Your forks are probably twisted, though. You need to loosen the pinch bolts on the top triple-tree clamps, and hold the front brake lever while bouncing the suspension up and down a few times. This will allow the forks to un-twist, and line up your handlebars again. Retighten the pinch bolts when you are done.

·
Registered
40 Posts
In Ontario the Provincial Police, I believe, can check cell phone records to determine if, in fact, the driver's cell phone was in use @ that time.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad you're OK! Your forks are probably twisted, though. You need to loosen the pinch bolts on the top triple-tree clamps, and hold the front brake lever while bouncing the suspension up and down a few times. This will allow the forks to un-twist, and line up your handlebars again. Retighten the pinch bolts when you are done.
Pacomutt, Wow bro thanks for the info! i took off work today to handle the insurance stuff. I will do what you said to untwist the forks.... Thanks again!

·
Registered
658 Posts
glad you're OK. Hope you can get her up and running soon.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Man that bites. Good luck, hope everything works out okay for you.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Although we all are at times,I hate cagers when I'm on the bike....had one today on my way home from work pull out of his driveway on the opposite side of the road trying to go in the same direction and almost hit the car in front of me. We both swerved a bit,honked and gave him the "your number one" sign of affection as he trailed us in the wrong lane

·
Registered
382 Posts
they ground into my head in the MSF course, keep an eye in your mirror whenever you're stopped.

Not that it would have helped much in this situation (it's better applied in a possible rear ender, and the MC would split lanes/get out of the way).

·
Registered
171 Posts
Glad your OK. I got hit a year ago and the Kawasaki dealership replaced everything that was damaged on my bike. Don't know how your dealership will handle things but the one I went to fixed everything first class. Lucky for me it rides just as good as before.
Hope that person that hit you got a ticket...

·
Registered
166 Posts
glad your alright, dude. I've heard of so many bad and not so bad accidents lately, that it's discouraging me to ride. I just love riding so much, I won't stop though.
Hope you keep going. Good luck getting the bike fixed.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
I am getting a TANK.
m1 abrahms.
with ammo.
anybody I see on the fone gets a free souvineer.
well they're not actually free.
you will have to earn them.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I too have to add that I'm glad you made it out alive.

·
Registered
130 Posts
They can check to see if she was texting. Does OK have a texting while driving law?

If you flew left, you are lucky you didn't get run over by her car. Unexcusable accident on her part. She was obviously a distracted driver.

Glad to hear that you are ok.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
hand grenades and a RPG might make some nice accessories for yor skoot.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Ouch at least you are still w us. Glad to hear you're ok.
When I reach a stop light. I usually rev the engine and annoy the people in the cars... Now they know where I am. Pays to have really loud pipes! I also learned from rice burners not to gun it at a light so I wait to see who makes an illegal turn and who runs a red. Then I go slowly once clear I open her up a bit.

Sent by Lordz of Fire!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts