Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
just bought a vn900 custom 2008, and passed my test yesterday, 27th May. Can't ride til tues when I get tax disc purchased.
spent years modding out mini coopers but bikes are totally new to me. Only did cbt 7 weeks ago, but majorly caught he bug!
Any recommendation for first mods on this model? Any recs on replacement exhausts? Any help much appreciated!
Adi

·
Registered
376 Posts
Welcome.

The only mod I think is really necessary is related to the uncomfortable seat. There are many ways to go on this subject.

You may be lucky and have no trouble with the stock seat.

Enjoy the ride! I have 22k on my Custom and enjoy it thoroughly.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I am new to owning a 900c se and think there are so many ways you could mod the bike, it all depends on your imagination. Personally the only things i would add are a backrest for the little woman and a small windscreen. I just love the way it looks stock. I get positive comments on the apperance of it all the time, it's beautiful without being overdone. IMHO.

Later,
Darknight

·
Registered
130 Posts
Engine Guard
Better helmet lock
New grips
Additional LED stop lights
chrome master brake cover
chrome radiator cover
chrome rear brake pad cover

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
windshield, bags and punch out the perforated coin sized restriction in the pipes for starters :)
Thanks, unfortunately living in the uk, means I can't smash up the baffles, they're needed for it's MOT certificate. So when the next MOT is due I'd have to refit the baffles. Extremely annoying.
Any recommendation on the brand, model of bags and rack?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Congrats on the wheels Devious... I was fortunate when I bought my Classic that the seller had added a few nice attachments... screen, back rest, pillion footboards, crash bars... they were from the Kwaker accessories book, also gave me a set of Held saddle bags, they're great quality made of extremely thick leather... Highway Hawk do great add ons but not sure about price comparisons compared to official Kwaker bits... a scan thru eBay should help.

Ride safely.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm curious; classic Minis or BMW MINIs?
I own an '09 JCW Coupe myself, and I make custom gear knobs and ebrake handles for them, as well as for other BMW models.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Man, I would just suggest riding it and seeing what you think it needs. Check out other bikes and see what catches your eye. My first thing was saddlebags. Got tired of carrying my lunch to work in a backpack.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm curious; classic Minis or BMW MINIs?
I own an '09 JCW Coupe myself, and I make custom gear knobs and ebrake handles for them, as well as for other BMW models.
I had two older mini's. A rover cooper s and an older mini sprite on carbs. They were awsome, I miss the fun on 4 small wheels!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I had two older mini's. A rover cooper s and an older mini sprite on carbs. They were awsome, I miss the fun on 4 small wheels!!
I can certainly understand your modding desire with your bike; many Mini owners are certifiable modaholics! :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts