Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ImageProxy.mvc.jpeg Just fitted these bad boys to my 1996 VN1500 A the sound is awesome and the bike ticks over much better. Photos to follow.:D You can get rid of the Goats bladder straight pipes no re-jetting needed, much easier than I thought bit ugly around the manifold but I am going to fit my original heat shields that should sort it.

·
Premium Member
3,146 Posts
You may not NEED to rejet, but you may want to. Your drop in horsepower will be noticeable with the reduced exhaust velocity.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Billiam they are DRAG PIPES model CALIGULA £200. PatC yes will look at this after I have ridden it, however the previouse owner drilled holes in the exhaust so it was very sluggish and tick over was very laboured. Just awaiting the sun to return so I can give them a try but the sound is awesome fitting shields this morning so will take pictures after that.

·
Premium Member
3,146 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thans for the link PatC, good reading although a little deep towards the end but makes perfect sense. Mine came with optional conical baffle which I fitted. The bike started first time and didn't need as much choke as usual. And remained at tick over without spluttering what a difference. Just need some sun now for a proper road test.:)

·
Registered
436 Posts
It would be nice to have some lighter pipes on the bike. I just pulled mine off since I'm putting new tires on, and laugh at how heavy the stock pipes are. I like the look of them and the sound is quiet, but man are they heavy.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The big difference is that they are straight pipes so the goats bladder departs, Which if you have a model with the Regulator to the side it means that you remove the goats bladder and so decrease the heat transfer to the regulator. I ran the bike the other day and it has made a big difference. Haven't done a long run yet as weather has changed and 6 nations rugby is on. But can wait for the dry sunny days to arrive. My only criticism is that they are a little scruffy on the finish at the head. so i am going to try to fit the stock pipe heat shield which should tidy it up a little. They are louder than stock pipes but not ear shattering they burble on tick over, but you will be heard when you open the throttle.
The other good part about me fitting them was i discovered that the jubilee clip on the crank case vent had failed so I fitted a new one of them so already to go just need the weather.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts