Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dumb Question,

This has absolutely no bearing on anything...I was just curious. How varied are insurance costs around the world?

I just paid my anual premiums. $132.00 a year. :cool:
This includes collision and comprehensive. Are some folks getting better prices?

·
Registered
238 Posts
I wished I was paying that...Here in N.B. Canada I pay around 600.dollars per year...What ,who and where is your insurance company?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I wished I was paying that...Here in N.B. Canada I pay around 600.dollars per year...What ,who and where is your insurance company?
Is that full coverage?

Im on PEI, Bare bones insurance here is around 350-450 $ for a 900cc. but if you want full coverage, fire, theft, collision...all the goodies its around 2300 = CRAZY. Thats with a #6 rating which is the best. 10g bike, 2300 for insurance. sounds about right eh :confused:

·
Registered
41 Posts
$132/yr collision and comprehensive... Progressive

·
Registered
238 Posts
Is that full coverage?

Im on PEI, Bare bones insurance here is around 350-450 $ for a 900cc. but if you want full coverage, fire, theft, collision...all the goodies its around 2300 = CRAZY. Thats with a #6 rating which is the best. 10g bike, 2300 for insurance. sounds about right eh :confused:
Yes Dutchinc that is full coverage with fire and theft......

·
Registered
238 Posts
700.00 per yr in Alberta, Canada.......Down from a 1000.00......on my 1600....:)
We are pretty much the same Taz..I was able to include my bike with house,car etc to save me money

·
Registered
7 Posts
$90/month here in BC. That's as bare bones as it gets with no theft, fire or collision coverage. By the way, that includes ICBC's maximum discount for a 43 year old rider with a perfect record!

·
Registered
151 Posts
$137 per year full coverage, progressive... Just paid up for the next 12 months.

Just for fun I priced out a few 600 and 650 naked sports bikes, and insurance would have been close to a grand per yr, nuts! Could only imagine rates on a busa or gsxr1000!!!!.....

I love my 900 classic and ultra cheap insur is a huge plus in my books.

·
Registered
238 Posts
$90/month here in BC. That's as bare bones as it gets with no theft, fire or collision coverage. By the way, that includes ICBC's maximum discount for a 43 year old rider with a perfect record!
Wow thats getting up there..My brother lives in Abbotsford and is getting a 2012 goldwing....I can only imagine what the insurance will be on that..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wow thats getting up there..My brother lives in Abbotsford and is getting a 2012 goldwing....I can only imagine what the insurance will be on that..
It is ridiculous. ICBC only looks at the engine displacement and charges us through the nose accordingly. A 600CC crotch rocket with 120 hp is way cheaper than my put-put 48 hp VN900.

·
Registered
3 Posts
In my experience it is cheaper getting quotes online. Some of the bigger companies offer discounts when ordering online, because it is less work for them. But to be safe you could compare quotes online, pick the best offer and try a local agency to see if they can match it or do better.

I recommend this site for online comparing: www.quotes-center.com

·
Registered
742 Posts
i pay about $380/yr.

i up'd some of the coverages after i had the accident last year. also, if you want "replacement value" not pay-off value you will be paying more. after my car is paid off in a month or two i am also getting rid of the LIMIT TORT on it (on my car, the bike doesn't have PIP). that screwed me in my accident since i didn't lose a limb or have a serious permanent injury.

as for shopping on line, most companies give discounts for having multiple policies with them -- car, home, + bike and even multiple cars.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I pay $450/yr for full coverage in NL Canada. that's down from $1100/yr in 2009. Most insurance companies here lowered cost for motorcycles and some will not insure motorcycles.

·
Registered
658 Posts
$202 a year. full coverage.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have full coverage with Progressive here in New Jersey and pay about $260/yr. I'd like to see the coverage limits of you guys that are quoting $130-ish with Progressive.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts