Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and can't wait for it to come. The wifey hates the stock pillion and won't ride with me if the trip takes morn than 30 minutes. I hope this helps. I also picked up passenger floorboards to get rid of the pegs. I am looking at the Mutazu trunk series. I have the rounded hard bags on my other bike and like them. Slowly turning my LT into a dresser to tour.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Oh I'm sure it will help, alright. My wife couldn't take the stock seat either but is eager to ride with me now that we have the Mustang. It made a world of difference here too. Which model did you get?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Wide studded one...like yours. I opted out on the backrest. Should be here on Saturday...woohoo

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey Toymaker- congrat on the saddle purchase. I'm about ready to pull the trigger on the same. Curious who you bought from and price if your ok with telling us that.
rr

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought it off ebay. $355. with free shipping. The outfit that shipped it is ChromeWorld in Delaware.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I bought it off ebay. $355. with free shipping. The outfit that shipped it is ChromeWorld in Delaware.
That's a good price. I bought the exact same seat and the best price that I could find was $417 with free shipping. I didn't check Ebay though.

·
Registered
941 Posts
That is a great price, especially witht the driver backrest. You will love the driver backrest.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I didn't get the backrest...but I think I still got a great price.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I first dumped my stock for a Saddlemen. It was better, but not good enough. I came within a hairs breath of getting the Mustang, but opted for the Russell Day Long (like a Lazy Boy on 2 wheels). I do know your wife will deffinately be a much happier passanger on it. I got the driver backrest on mine, but only use it on longer rides. With the fit of the Mustang, I'm sure you won't miss it all that much. Good choice!!!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
I first dumped my stock for a Saddlemen. It was better, but not good enough. I came within a hairs breath of getting the Mustang, but opted for the Russell Day Long (like a Lazy Boy on 2 wheels). I do know your wife will deffinately be a much happier passanger on it. I got the driver backrest on mine, but only use it on longer rides. With the fit of the Mustang, I'm sure you won't miss it all that much. Good choice!!!!
Mark,

What do you thick of the Russell Day Long? Do you have any pictures of it?

·
Registered
657 Posts
I'm 56 and weigh ???. My wife and I have spent as much as 7 hours in a day on it and have riden as much as 1.50 hrs without a break. I've put about 1400 mile on it and have had nothng but comfort out of it... and the nice part is it just keeps getting better!!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Soon

I will be getting a Mustang seat #79416 for my LT soon. Altho the bike is now in storage, winter in Iowa, it will be my Christmas gift to me. I will be getting it from Dennis Kirk for $517...preatty good price I d beleive.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Man is this seat ever sweet. I love it. Mrs. T likes it too. I can't wait to put some serious miles on now.

T

·
Registered
36 Posts
Dam you Toymaker- why did you have to be so happy, there goes another $400!:) Just kidding :)glad it was a great purchase, still wish they could deliver a bike with a good saddle. Perhaps they can if you pay $19,000 eh?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah...I wonder that myself. If places like Corbin and Mustang can make a great seat, why can't Kawasaki and Suzuki? I also have a 95 Savage, and it is like riding an ironing board....just a good thing it has a small tank. By the time you need gas, your butt gives out.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts