Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just made a 650 mile round trip yesterday to pick up a 2008 EN500C.

It has only 2200 miles on it.
It needs to be cleaned and polished (if you are into that kind of thing) but it is mechanically very clean.
I had a 4 page checklist of inspection points when I was going through it.
Of particular note was that even all of the rubber parts like hoses and such had no sign of any degradation at all.

The rear brake could do with a little adjustment. That was about it.

I just ordered a paper owners manual and service manual for it. (I also located the PDF versions)

It might have to sit for a while because of other life things but I am looking forward to getting to know it and giving it a tune up and more detailed inspection.

It has an engine guard but it is barely wider than the frame. I will want to get a better one.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nice bike! I bought a ‘07 just like it minus the engine protector plus a windscreen. Needs to be cleaned also but just rode the hell out of it last year. This year the cleaning comes after I put a battery in and ride till it warms up around here (winter storm advisory today & tomorrow) 🤣 can you believe it?

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Very nice and super clean. Good buy!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I have a question about the service manual supplement book?

The service Manual I ordered was correct for up to and including the 2008 Model Year.

It the supplement manual still needed for a 2008?

From the little I could fine with a search, it seems that that manual was a transitional manual to cover changes from the previous 454 model, and only applies to the 1990 model year.
Is that correct?

What information does it contain that is not in the primary service manual?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay,
As expected, it is finally time to come back to this.
Other that starting it every once in a while, I have not done much to this. It is about to become a daily rider.
I will probably start asking questions soon.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I have a crash bar on the way from Tony at Tucmoto.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts