Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. Very glad to have found your page. My old man bought the bike, a 1999 vulcan 800 classic,and it has low mileage but had been sitting in a shop for years. So it needs work. First question I have is can you buy a new carb for this model bike? Because I sure can't find one online, just rebuild kits

·
Super Moderator
4,921 Posts
Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. Glad you decided to join us. Here is a link to download a factory repair manual. As far as the carburetor, new ones are expensive at over $700. If the carb is okay, just rebuild it and the petcock. Not that hard to do. Check your fuel tank for rust or corrosion. If the bike sat for years, there is plenty more to do. Tires, tubes, rim strips, battery, all fluids, rebuild brake calipers and master cylinders, brake hoses, front fork oil, steering head bearings, check and adjust drive belt, all fuel and vacuum lines, coolant and hoses, air cleaner, thermostat, and checking everything else visually. Refer to the manual for the procedures to do this work. Also, going to move your post to the 800 Model Section so other members who have your model will contribute their expertise. Thanks again for becoming a member. Be well.

·
Registered
2009 VN900 Classic
122 Posts
Welcome from SC! I'm betting you'll definitely know your bike better than I know mine by time you're done with all that! ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts