Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after doing what was the longest ride I've ever done, starting from florida, going to sturgis, then montreal, vermont, and back to florida, I have to say love my vulcan 900 custom special edition. Since I bought it have done a few mod outs and after all the riding feel confident in voicing my opinion. For saddle bags I put on the jumbo slants specific fit quick removable bags from saddleman. These gave me plenty of storage for camping gear, riding gear and odds and ends. For additional luggage on my 4 week adventure I mounted the saddleman 3500s tail bag with roll bag. This was more then sufficent to hold everything needed for such a long trip with extra room for the eventual souvenirs you know your going to pick up along the way. I have also added the thunder road 100watt powered speakers (black) to the handle bars and fed them music from my Zune mp3 player, which worked out great, they were loud enough to hear while zipping through the highways with a full face mask on and look good on the bike. Speaking of masks, I personally use the Shark Evoline helmet which I love for the ability of being either a full face or 3/4 face helmet even while riding. For power mods, I have changed out the air filter to the barrons big air kit black pin stripping, powercommander 5, and hardkrome 2-1 sidewinder exhaust. The exhaust is a bit loud but not over bearing, and the power commander was loaded with the map for it from the factory website. The bike handled wonderfully even loaded down with me and all the gear, I was never wanton for power during the whole trip. I also installed the scootworks front pulley.
Now the one last thing that is of great debates on here, seat. The stock seat was ok for me but after awhile my back would start to hurt (I am 5'6" 150lbs), so I changed out to the willie and max black label two-up seat, which I have to say was a real joy and back saver. After riding all day my back never hurt, would be somewhat sore but that was more from being in near the same position all day long then the seat being bad. So I have to say all this made for one of the greatest rides I've ever done so far, but there will be more to come.

Attachments

·
Registered
492 Posts
You da man!

I'm just curious. How many miles was the trip and how long did it take you?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the total mileage was around 6500 miles, kinda lost track was using a gps to keep track but one crapped out so had to replace, the first one crapped out around 3400 the second showed 3112 by the time I got home, and total time was just under 4 weeks, left my home on the 3rd of august and got back on the 25th

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Hey, that sounds like an awsome trip, always good when you get home safe and the bike and add ons perform like ithere supposed to.
Cheers Maurice

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Sounds like a great adventure. I'm glad you had the opportunity to go on the ride and that you returned home safely. I agree, i love my 900 too.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Speaking of masks, I personally use the Shark Evoline helmet which I love for the ability of being either a full face or 3/4 face helmet even while riding.
Dude, your trip sounded GREAT...congrats. And I gotta agree 100% on the Evoline...especially in this record setting summer heat we've had. 3/4 around town and FF when on the road, safely switching while underway is just unbeatable...until you consider the integrated shade shield and the fog resistant clear shield THAT REALLY WORKS.

And High Springs is just 1.5-2 hours down the road from my location here south of Tallahassee...boy, the Ichetucknee would have been nice this summer, for sure!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh yeah Ichetucknee rocked this summer when I was home, also Ginnie Springs. Its been a great year for riding. The trip alone only 3 days of rain the whole time, granted two were on my return trip while riding the Blue Ridge and Skyline drive, but at least it wasn't a cold rain.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts