Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congrats King!

My story goes...I purchased my V9 new this January after having switched over from streetbikes. This is my first cruiser, which I really wanted to bob out. I started the transformation within a few weeks of buying it. In fact I recently brought it in for its 600 mile service and the dealer couldnt believe it was the same bike. I joined this forum when I bought the bike, and I'm glad I did. Some of the information I've gotten from you guys has been great. I like reading Poncho's posts because hes so knowledgable and Doughrek has been very helpful.

I had the lower controls shortened, with the heel shift removed, by cutting and rewelding the arms (cant even tell). I also moved the floorboards back 2 inches by customizing the bracket (long grade 8 bolt, aluminum spacers, and some washers), since I'm vertically challenged. I also blacked out some of the chrome trim, in addition to adding accesories. Paint is next.

Anyway, I decided to enter my ride this month, even though I'm relatively new since my birthday is this month. Not that I'm trying to get bonus votes for that, although feel free to if you like. Thanks and good luck to all. Here are the specs and photos;

Year: 2011
Model: Vulcan Classic SE
Engine: 900
Pipes: Frontier Cycle - Britt Motorsports drag style
Seat: Springer
Wheels: Stock spoke
Accesories: Custom shortened controls, modded floorboards, Arlen Ness Big Sucker, Britt style pipes/wrapped, Cobra FI2000R, 10" Santee mini's, Avon air cushion grips, Headlight Visor, BCB kit, side mount plate/tail light, plate stash tube, headlight visor, blacked out trim

·
Registered
643 Posts
so.. yor saying if we vote in November,, we get us a New Prez b4 December? WhooHoo!
Congrats K9!!! That is won (get it?) awesome bike!

We wish, Ponch. I'm kind of doubting there will even be an election.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Congrats..

·
Registered
107 Posts
Very nice King-Nine! Them bobbers are some cool bikes for sure. That's how I ended up with my 900 custom with the intent to bob it. Since my wife likes to ride along often, no bobby on this one for awhile. Congrats!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sweet bobber..

That's a sweet lookin bobber mate, hope mine comes up as neat as that.. did you buy those whitewalls as are? I heard there's a whitewall paint you can use??? bit hard to get white wall bike tyres where I am..

·
Registered
19 Posts
That's a sweet lookin bobber mate, hope mine comes up as neat as that.. did you buy those whitewalls as are? I heard there's a whitewall paint you can use??? bit hard to get white wall bike tyres where I am..
Eddy, the 900 Classic SE comes stock with whitewall tires.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yep, you did a great job, the bike is gonna turn heads!
thanks, still think I want to paint the tank next, something like black with antique white sides, to kind of go with the whitewalls. I like the look of the paint on the Victory Highball with painted logo.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts