Premium Member
12,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congrats!!

Year: 2008
Model: VN900C
Eng. Size: 900
Pipes: V&H slash cut
Seat: Stock seat modified by Mark's Custom Auto Interiors with stingray skin and synthetic leather
Wheels: Front is stock (chromed) Rear is 240 mimic (chromed)
Accessories: Too many to list
Story: This bike has been a great learning experience as I did all the work with my dad with the exception of paint and chrome. The paint was done by jp-customs and the chrome was sent to JDA customs. Both are in New Lennox, IL. My dad and I spent time in my garage taking it apart and putting it back together. We did the rear wheel mod and triple tree ourselves as well. One thing I've learned while modifying my bike is that once you get into it, you're never done. Now I have a bike that I absolutely love, but when I stand back, I start to think about what I'll do to it next. Here's some pics.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Congrats on a sweet scoot!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
nice bike i love the 240 is it lowered at all all

·
Registered
11 Posts
Great father / son project. The chrome wheels look really sharp!

·
Registered
126 Posts
A show stopper!

I would like to see your bike in a national mag. It deserves it!

·
Registered
112 Posts
That is a beautiful job. It's hard to put on that much chrome without looking tacky but you've managed it because everything is in balance and the whole project is so well thought through. Not knowing when to stop can be a problem but judging by the fine taste you've shown so far you should be good to keep going.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Nice Looking bike man, Whats that a 900? I should do one of thoes next. I am 21yrs old and Just Did my first project with my girlfriends cuzands husband. I bought a 2000 vn800 and we took everything apart. I went a little crazer and powder coated the frame, etc. I just feel as the 800 is a little slow on the high way and stuff. Maybe in the next year or two Ill sell it and upgrade. How you liking the bike? 5speed?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts