Premium Member
12,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congrats!!

Model - vn 1500 Classic E1
Year - 1996
Engine - 1500cc
Seat - Stock recoverd
Pipes - I had headers made up in stainless then one crossed under the bike to get a pipe each side for that vintage type look, then added fish tails to the ends to reach the end of the bike .
Wheels - stock
acssesories - not much off the shelf as i cant afford them , so i made the rear fender chrome bar to hold the indicators - struts rear hard tail. extensions for rear hangers for bottom of the struts to bring them out to clear the fender skirts. hand bent 1" beach bars 3' wide . internal throttle. complete braket for the rear brake caliper it has now moved to the bottom of the disc. All switch gear has gone . starter in side panel under seat, 3 micro switches in bars for horn and indicators , . Bakalite BSA 1939 HEAD LIGHT SWITCH IN THE HEAD LAMP. Pollished brake cyliders and fork legs by hand ( wont do it again as 2 weeks on still cant make a fist) and lots of other bits.

Story of Build

This is my first bike i have owned or cutomised with in my own garage with neandathol tools which was a feat on its own.
I have always loved the beach crusier type Cal look bikes and cars so went down that route.So when i seen a brand new never been used set of Indian Factory Fenders on eBay in the USA i had to have them. I asked on the forum here if anyone had fitted them and was told it would be a major Fab job to do it . I wish i had listened. So i went about making them fit in such a way that at any time this bike can revert back to a VN Classic.
So i De badged the bike Hard tailed the rear and dropped by 2 " . I made so beach bars from one inch stainless and i wanted it super clean with zero wires. And relocated all the switches and only 3 micro switches on the handles. Seat was recovered in viynal leather. painted frame black , painted all tins as the pics but had wanted some engine parts done to. Moved the regulator to the front so i could get the pipe through for the exhaust as i wanted pipes each side. Polished up all stainless used on the bike and started asembly. and that is where i am today 99% done as i will never seem to reach that 100 %. The tool rolls on each side cover a gapn that i dont like and serve a purpose. Just finished today and taken on first ride today after some teething troubles starting dammed split pipe.

There are plenty of other bits on the bike but am a terrible typer and this took me ages . hope you like it

Terry Uk

·
Registered
43 Posts
thanks

Just a quick thank you to all that voted for my first bike build. Now i just want to go off and do the next thing which could be a take on a custom car lead sled with a cross over in to rat rod. Hmmmmmm dam it just might be crazy enough to work .
So thanks again to you all , as i was up against some cool looking scoots.

Keep ya eyes peeled for that lead sled.

Terry uk

Oh yeah and it runs a treat just done first rally camp 400 miles and not a blip , my arse is sore though dammed hard tail , oh well looks before pleasure.

picture is loaded and ready for the off.

Attachments

·
Registered
258 Posts
WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!! man i love it,,,,,absolutely fantastic,well done first time out,i would ride the s_ _t out of that bike!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Megatron
181 Posts
Probably the sharpest bike I've ever seen! AWESOME! Congrats Lammy.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Cool! Very Nice

·
Registered
90 Posts
That is one awesome bike you should be really proud !!!!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Magnificent machine!! You have done an excellent job creating a bike that looks like it came from yesteryear. Definitely more pics please, Congrats once again.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Magnificent machine!! You have done an excellent job creating a bike that looks like it came from yesteryear. Definitely more pics please, Congrats once again.
thanks for the kind words, i aint to keen on to many new styles and cant afford the old ones so built what i wanted , my choice , my style my bike . I DONT KNOW WHAT TYPE OF PICS YOU WANT IE OF BUILD OR DURING OR JUST SOME BETTER TYPE OF FINNISHED SHOTS. whoops left caps on sorry

terry uk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sorry, friend

But nothing beats the 900 se custom black.
I know, I can't speak, because I've got a an EN500 vulcan limited, nothing close to either of the two, but preferentially speaking, I'd take the "mock-sportster" over any bike, any day.
If you can't visualize it's glory, here's a link to it:
http://adf.ly/2Rhvr

·
Registered
2 Posts
wow!

Man, that is beautiful. I am starting to learn that with some imagination, patience and work metric cruisers can look just as hot as harleys, victory etc

1 - 15 of 15 Posts