Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to find the judges washers,been searching here for a while all the links i find take me nowhere for them:surprise:
I ordered the meany spring and gasket already but can't find the washers,is there a current supplier for these,thanks

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
the meany spring needs to be from a 2002 or 2003 only 1500 mean streak, beginning in 2004 they went with a weaker one, just put in the meany spring, you won't and don't need judge's washers, just the sprig

·
Registered
205 Posts
When I upgraded to the 'Meanstreak' spring (I think at that point the updated spring was not specifically for a Meanstreak but the superseded spring for all 1500 Vulcans) in my 01, I also replace the original single piece 'holder' with the updated 2 piece version. I think the point of the updated 2 piece holder was to beef up the clutch - similar to Judge's Washers - but retains the original slipper clutch functionality.

Edit: Here's a good write-up (for a Drifter) - although I'm not sure the part numbers are current:

https://www.vulcandrifterriders.com/clutchspringreplacement.html

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got the spring,installed it on Saturday problem solved but friction plates are getting near the end of there life.I think I can get another 10000 miles or so out of em!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts