Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone used judges Washers along with Barnett's heavy duty clutch spring?
I'm using that spring now. I'll be ordering new clutch and drive plates soon.
I want to add the judges Washers I've got.
Bret

·
Registered
26 Posts
clutch springs

i have been thinking along the lines of the judges washers. have 17000 mi. and a little slip in the higher gears when really pushing it. was wondering if the 03 mean streak spring (92144-1449) is stronger than the -1295 I think comes in my 07 classic. so much info out there...... also where do you get the judges washers? and has anyone seen or used the washers from "bad ace billets" seen on ebay? will be a few weeks before can get the time. did get new commander 2s mounted Saturday. like them so far. thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
i have been thinking along the lines of the judges washers. have 17000 mi. and a little slip in the higher gears when really pushing it. was wondering if the 03 mean streak spring (92144-1449) is stronger than the -1295 I think comes in my 07 classic. so much info out there...... also where do you get the judges washers? and has anyone seen or used the washers from "bad ace billets" seen on ebay? will be a few weeks before can get the time. did get new commander 2s mounted Saturday. like them so far. thanks in advance for any advice.
Here is Robert's (the judge) email address.
[email protected]
I've seen bad ace billet on eBay also. I got mine from Robert.
Most guys are getting the mean streak spring.
Are you using synthetic engine oil?
When I used synthetic I was getting slip around the same milage. Then I went back to conventional 10/40 motor cycle oil. And added Barnett's heavy duty clutch spring.
My clutch is harder to pull. I haven't really cared about that. I will probably go with the mean streak spring when I replace my clutch with Barnett's drive and clutch plates and add judges Washers.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
if you get the mean streak spring, make sure it's the 2002 or 2003 mean streak, in 2004 onward they went with a different one

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
ya get Judge's Washers, you will like them

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
ya get Judge's Washers, you will like them
Well I installed new Barnett drive plates and friction plates. Installed judges washers with the Barnett heavy duty spring. Clutch engagement is better, Down shifting is no problem even if not perfectly rev-matched.
I thought it would actually have less slip (slipper clutch function) than it does.
I do really like the improved take off thanks to the washers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts