Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Almost there.... Just waiting for U.P.S. to deliver tire "Avon Road runner AM21 230 series - 230 16 15", to mount it on rim and install it on bike. Cant wait.. Love the looks of this bike with the 230... thanks to all that have post pictures and ideas. Very helpful.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
almost there.... Just waiting for u.p.s. To deliver tire "avon road runner am21 230 series - 230 16 15", to mount it on rim and install it on bike. Cant wait.. Love the looks of this bike with the 230... Thanks to all that have post pictures and ideas. Very helpful.
waiting for tire ....

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
I hope its going better for you than it has for me. I have had my 230 tire on for about 3 weeks now and it is toast. :mad:
I have front pulley upgrade and 1" rear suspension drop and did all the necessary trimming of inner fender wall and pulley guards, but got some nasty tire rub that has basically ruined my Avon tire. Only along 1/2 of the circumference of the tire though, almost like it rotates a little oblong. I have put about 600 miles on it so far and it just started to happen. Over the last 80 or so miles I put on it.
I am very bummed and unhappy to have to pay for another new tire and install in less than a month. This time it will be a 200 though.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I hope its going better for you than it has for me. I have had my 230 tire on for about 3 weeks now and it is toast. :mad:
I have front pulley upgrade and 1" rear suspension drop and did all the necessary trimming of inner fender wall and pulley guards, but got some nasty tire rub that has basically ruined my Avon tire. Only along 1/2 of the circumference of the tire though, almost like it rotates a little oblong. I have put about 600 miles on it so far and it just started to happen. Over the last 80 or so miles I put on it.
I am very bummed and unhappy to have to pay for another new tire and install in less than a month. This time it will be a 200 though.
You may want to double check but I am pretty sure you are not suppose to do the 230 tire with the front pulley since it is a larger pulley and pulls the rim/tire forward.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts