Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently sold my Vulcan 800 and was dreaming of a purple V2K. I found just a handful scattered across the country and went and picked one up yesterday! Drove it back about 600 miles to arrive home this evening. Here is a pic taken right after I got it; not cleaned up yet, but still looks nice. I'm excited to spend the day detailing it soon!

ImageUploadedByMO Free1409448314.164020.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that was in New York and the price were quite a bit higher than they were in other places on the way back!

Do you all run premium gas? I hear I'm supposed to, so I did!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
Sweet ride! I made the jump from 900 to 2000 and wouldn't go back for anything. Enjoy the VN2K.

As for gas, I run 91 all the time. I ran a tank of 89 once, didn't notice a difference. But, when it comes down to it, 91 is only 10 cents more a gallon and it costs me 50 cents more per fill up. Worth it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Vulcan 2000

Nice bike. Hope you have a fuel controller to go with those Vance and Hines Powershots..................:good:

·
Registered
987 Posts
Welcome

Welcome to the "club":D Bike looks good!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Congratulations, BEST bike ever made. I went from 900 to 2000 and cannot go back. Be prepared for the people that seem to flock around it everywhere you stop and make comments.

·
BOTM Winner, October 2015
476 Posts
...Do you all run premium gas? I hear I'm supposed to, so I did!
Plenty of threads about octane. That was my big question when I moved up to the 1700. I run 87. My bike now has almost 9K miles since new.

Great looking bike!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Beautiful bike, welcome to the club, brother. As far as the PCIII, download a few maps and try them out...or if you're hesitant, any local tuner would love to play with it. With a decent map, you will NEVER want for torque. Trust me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts