Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We have had our 2003 Kawasaki Voyager converted to a trike and are now learning to handle a "New" ride. I am going to take the MSF Three Wheel Rider Course this week end and will hopefully become a more proficient rider of this beast. We have done about 300 miles on it so far and it is an entirely different ride than it was before the conversion. More like riding a little pick up with no top and no power steering.

John's new trike 3-17-11 002.jpg

·
Registered
62 Posts
So John, how do you like the conversion? Is it as easy to swap out as advertised? I am looking to do the same kit for my 2009 VN1700 twin. I wonder about the lack of dealers in California for support.... Did you get the Custom?

Hank

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
John Ramsay's '03 Voyager Trike

Hi Hank,

The conversion on the Voyager was done in Daytona Florida by TriKing Trikes, Inc., The only place in the country that I could find that will do a Voyager. It is a custom build since there are so few of them done. The workmanship is excellent but I am concerned that 1200cc may be a little underpowered for going two up with a trailer. We will find out when we go from Michigan to Oregon the end of July. The MSF class was beneficial even though I have over 50,000 miles riding a Voyager I now have more confidence in piloting the trike. The closest dealer for Triking is somewhere in Illinois so hopefully I will be able to handle asy necessary repairs myself.

Ride Safe, John

·
Registered
62 Posts
John;
Check out Jeff at www.trikemanusa.com He is a dealer I spoke with in Florida I think.
BTW, we belong to a Voyager club here in California, most of the members have the 1200CC Voyagers, and ride from California to New York pulling trailers - Later this year, there will be a trip to Canada, I don't think you will have a problem pulling a trailer any distance. See www.NorCalVoyagers.org, click on the NEWSLETTER button on the main page, see some of our trips and pictures.
Hank

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hank, I have been a member of the AVA since 2002, belong to the Great Lakes Voyagers here in Michigan and know Don Medina and Fritz Wells. We are planing on going to the Northwest Region Rally in August, maybe we will see you there. I will check out your news letter and see what you guys are up to.

John Ramsay

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't believe that I answered your question regarding my triked Voyager. I did not buy a kit, it is a true three wheel conversion with a 1990 Ford Mustang differential and rear axle. With the gear ratio in the differential 60 MPH indicated on the odometer is 2700 RPM on the tach. Send me your email address and I will be glad to send you some pictures.

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts