Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve had the chance to ride in the low 90s & full TX sun, with my Joe Rocket Phoenix 5.0 silver jacket.

It has very good ventilation and doesn’t absorb the suns radiant heat.

The Phoenix has a couple of textile panels on the shoulders, across the backs of the arms and impact panels on the sides at the ribs; if these were mesh too, like my RR Sedona, it would rate as excellent ventilation.

At 93 degrees F (34C), nothing short of refrigerated air is going to feel cool.
Even behind my Voyager’s fairing; rolling at 30mph, the breeze is comfortable.
Of course; if soon as you stop for a light or to refuel the warmth starts to build inside the jacket; especially at the armor and side impact panels.

The zippers like to hang up a bit; and there are a couple of logo tags on the inside of the wrist that I removed because one got caught up so bad I couldn’t get it out without taking the jacket off.

The jacket being silver is likely to cause it to look old and dingy before it’s time; so I try not to do things like shove it into my saddle bag or check my air pressure with it on.

It also has a ‘power ranger’ look.
I’m not too concerned about looks if it functions the way I want it to, and it does.

Overall; I rate the jacket as VERY good for hot & sunny climates, and decent for quality & comfort.

Scott

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
It looks Fresh. My girl needs to see me in that.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Neat jacket. I was considering that before I went with my Joe Rocket Blaster 4.0 Perforated Leather Jacket. I was torn but we have more cooler times then you folks in TX so I figured it would be ok, and it has so far.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
It looks Fresh. My girl needs to see me in that.
:D
Thanks, MT!

Get her one too!!

Actually; I got my wife the Joe Rocket Cleo 2.2 in white.

I know, we kinda look like those silver haired wingnuts (IM NOT BRAND BASHING:eek:) with matching outfits.

But, REALLY, in the TX heat and sun; light colors aren't about looks! LOL!

Anyway, she likes hers a lot for hot & sunny days too.
We both have other jackets that we wear when the temps are below the high 80s. Mine is black with a silver stripe and hers is blue and white; so most of the time we aren't twinkies.;)

Scott

Attachments

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Neat jacket. I was considering that before I went with my Joe Rocket Blaster 4.0 Perforated Leather Jacket. I was torn but we have more cooler times then you folks in TX so I figured it would be ok, and it has so far.
I like your's a lot!
I think mesh is going to be cooler than perf leather; but I think the leather would do better in a unplanned get-off. I hope I never have personal knowledge of one or the other though.

If I were in a different climate; I would probably have different gear.
I hope to have a heavy full grain leather jacket for the winter this year though. I like the bomber style but don't know if I can find one I like; after that I think I like a pistol pete over the perfecto. I don't like a manderin collar for leather.

Scott

·
Registered
507 Posts
Looks functional. (I would say it looks good, but that is a subjective opinion) (I think it does, by the way).

I seriously considered a similar one before I got my black leather joe rocket jacket also. (Sonic 2.0, I think it is called) Temps tend to be much cooler here in the great white north!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts