Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I decided to return my Fieldsheer Mesh jacket (did not fit that great and was missing a piece of armor), I looked around on Dennis Kirks website and spotted a Joe Rocket Blaster 4.0 Jacket. I liked the way it looked and they had it in my size. So I decided to give it a try. It is scheduled to be here on Monday. Have any of you all had any experience with these or any other perforated leather jackets?

https://www.denniskirk.com/joe-rocket/blaster-4-0-perforated-gunmetal-jacket.prod2130068.prd

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Thats another sharp looking jacket. (may even be a little less "power-ranger" than my new Joe Rocket):D

You'll have to let us know how well that perforated leather breathes after you get some warm temps. Looking forward to your review.

Scott

·
Registered
450 Posts
Looks nice. I was thinking of a perforated leather jacket, then decided on this one:
to replace my Joe Rocket mesh, but at the bike show in DC this January I ended up picking up a Belstaff Mojave waxed cotten. That jacket is warm, and breathes. Haven't tested it out yet in the heat, but so far in the mid to high 60's it's doing fairly well at keeping me warm/cool.

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
I've never seen a Belstaff Mojave jacket, did a quick search...
WOW! :eek: I think that is a bit out of my price range for a jacket! No doubt that it is very nice, certainly looks it, most likely worth every penny, but my ol' lady would remove, er, parts and put them in a pickle jar for that. :beat-up:

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WOW! :eek: I think that is a bit out of my price range for a jacket! No doubt that it is very nice, certainly looks it, most likely worth every penny, but my ol' lady would remove, er, parts and put them in a pickle jar for that. :beat-up:
a big +1 there. Too rich for my blood. I believe the wife would do more than that to me. :beat-up:

·
Registered
1,044 Posts

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Serious 600 bucks!! holy crap! Shit thats a few mods on my bike. I have a textile with armour etc less then a 100, we have a Liquidator here 5 miles up the road , last years mods do just fine :)

http://www.rider2riderliquidators.com/store/
A liquidator? I'm always looking for 'cheap' quality goods.:)

Whats the shop? I may have to drop by.

Scott

·
Registered
1,044 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
The old lady was the one that said I should get it lol. She said it makes me look hot and it makes her wet seeing me in it!

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Well I received my Jacket last night from the Big Brown Truck. The jacket fit me well. I am 6' and weigh around 240 lbs with a broad chest. I might could have went with a smaller size but I think it would have been a bit too tight. The armor lines up well with my shoulders and elbows very well. I did not have to use the adjustment strap on the sleeves to hold the armor in place since my are pretty well fills up the sleeves.

I decided to wear it this morning when I came to work. It was right at 50f and decided to just wear my normal polo shirt under it. I knew it was going to be a cool ride but I wanted to see how it would preform. The mesh on the inside of the sleeves is the biggest breathing point on this jacket. It let more air to my arms than if I were just wearing a long sleeve t-shirt. The leather dose let some air in but not to the point that I thought it was cold (like the sleeves). I would think you could ride with the jacket with a long sleeve t-shirt under it down to 50 degrees. It is supposed to get up to the mid 70s today on the way home so i will see what it is like then when I go home this evening. So far I am very pleased with this jacket.

EDIT: As an add I do not right with a shield. So results may vary if you are behind a shield.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Well I received my Jacket last night from the Big Brown Truck. The jacket fit me well. I am 6' and weigh around 240 lbs with a broad chest. I might could have went with a smaller size but I think it would have been a bit too tight. The armor lines up well with my shoulders and elbows very well. I did not have to use the adjustment strap on the sleeves to hold the armor in place since my are pretty well fills up the sleeves.

I decided to wear it this morning when I came to work. It was right at 50f and decided to just wear my normal polo shirt under it. I knew it was going to be a cool ride but I wanted to see how it would preform. The mesh on the inside of the sleeves is the biggest breathing point on this jacket. It let more air to my arms than if I were just wearing a long sleeve t-shirt. The leather dose let some air in but not to the point that I thought it was cold (like the sleeves). I would think you could ride with the jacket with a long sleeve t-shirt under it down to 50 degrees. It is supposed to get up to the mid 70s today on the way home so i will see what it is like then when I go home this evening. So far I am very pleased with this jacket.

EDIT: As an add I do not right with a shield. So results may vary if you are behind a shield.
I have a mesh vega with liner, I used it when the weather was 28 degrees no problem , T-shirt , short sleeve shirt, sweat shirt, leather vest, I come in nice and warm to work with no problem, just hands a little chilled. If to cool on the chest I find a leather vest works well. My jacket came with rain gear, so if the wind is to bad in which it will drop the degrees to low I just zip that on and then that keeps all the cold wind out. In hot weather so far not so bad while moving , the air gets in the jacket no problem. At red lights oh man it can get hot.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have a mesh vega with liner, I used it when the weather was 28 degrees no problem , T-shirt , short sleeve shirt, sweat shirt, leather vest, I come in nice and warm to work with no problem, just hands a little chilled. If to cool on the chest I find a leather vest works well. My jacket came with rain gear, so if the wind is to bad in which it will drop the degrees to low I just zip that on and then that keeps all the cold wind out. In hot weather so far not so bad while moving , the air gets in the jacket no problem. At red lights oh man it can get hot.
I have my "pirate" style vest. I do wish it came with a liner, but it did not. That is the biggest down fall I have found to his jacket so far. Tomorrow i am going to wear an long sleeve t-shirt and see how it does. I do not have much room for anything else in the sleeves. they fit good on my bare arms. I mainly tried it like this today just to see how it will do and what it would be like if I got caught in cooler weather with it. It is only a 10 minute ride to work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
After I decided to return my Fieldsheer Mesh jacket (did not fit that great and was missing a piece of armor), I looked around on Dennis Kirks website and spotted a Joe Rocket Blaster 4.0 Jacket. I liked the way it looked and they had it in my size. So I decided to give it a try. It is scheduled to be here on Monday. Have any of you all had any experience with these or any other perforated leather jackets?

https://www.denniskirk.com/joe-rocket/blaster-4-0-perforated-gunmetal-jacket.prod2130068.prd

I have the same jacket in red, and other than it being way to short for my taste - it was an ok jacket through spring. I live in Louisiana, and once June rolled around it was just to hot for me. The perforations work really well but the weight of the jacket got to be to much for real heat. Ended up with a mesh Tourmaster jacket and it was much better.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts