Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome! I guess the jersey shore made people feel embarrassed to say they are jersey or not many people ride in NJ.

Sent by Lordz of Fire!

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
I'm in Nutley.
I do a lot of riding up near Kovo. Incredibly beautiful roads, rivers and hills.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Clinton, NJ here. BTW, the jersey shore show retards are new yorkers....just pointing it out ;)

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
I'm garaged for the winter too. I have been for a month, gathering together the parts and pieces I need to repair the damage from an accident I had back in late Oct. I'm just feeling well enough to start working on it.
Spring can't come soon enough.
Brian

·
Registered
94 Posts
Brian,

Sorry to hear about your accident, I did that once and I know from personal experience that is sucks.

I don't put my bikes away for winter anymore, I just ride less often and not quite as far. I'm retired so I have the luxury of picking the best days to ride, although my cutoff point is 40 degrees, below that I just don't ride. The Nomad provides such good wind protection that it has become my primary winter ride, especially with the chaps on the highway bars.

Get well, and a very Merry Christmas to you and all the other Jersey guys.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Thanks and good wishes for the holidays to you and yours.
I'm sure if I get it back together and I get a decent day, I can't resist.
I'll just have to be more careful of the teenage girls trying to drive.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rt 15 chatter box umm I can taste the burgers now.
Hudson county, I'm up there every now and then. Gotta ride in Hoboken, the only way to find parking is w a bike.
I might have to put a plow on my bike and ride through winter

Sent by Lordz of Fire!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Who's from Jersey?Susses cty in the house..Bike is all good sitting in the garage. Heading into NYC for bike show in January. Need news tires inspring...going withwhite walls and the 1500 classic.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Welcome!
Need any used parts free?
I'm also selling a few things

Sent by Lordz of Fire!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Westfield here.. Trying to keep the commuting going for the winter. Getting hard with the rain at night.. Seems to be too dangerous for the morning commute. I feel it more on the way home.. Nothing worse the than driving home in the car when you know it is a ridable afternoon.

Can't wait for the weather guy to give me 40 degree mornings.. Then it is a riding day...

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Westfield here.. Trying to keep the commuting going for the winter. Getting hard with the rain at night.. Seems to be too dangerous for the morning commute. I feel it more on the way home.. Nothing worse the than driving home in the car when you know it is a ridable afternoon.

Can't wait for the weather guy to give me 40 degree mornings.. Then it is a riding day...
Welcome!
I'm local Scotchplains/Fanwood it will be nice to meet up with people local and ride when the weather gets better. I also work in Hudson county so I ride up there a bit.

Sent by Lordz of Fire!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Souds like a plan

Welcome!
I'm local Scotchplains/Fanwood it will be nice to meet up with people local and ride when the weather gets better. I also work in Hudson county so I ride up there a bit.

Sent by Lordz of Fire!
I'm up for that.. Some of my favorites involve a lunch. Dillys hot dogs out near frenchtown or chowder in LBI never disapoint.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts