Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leathers that is...

It's a sports bike I had and the leathers have the zip at the bottom and go inside the boots....now I've got the VN I feel I cant ride like that...and if not, will have to get diffirent leathers :rolleyes:

Who wears them inside or outsdide their boots?

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I wear 'em like I walk in 'em, jeans over boots.

·
Premium Member
3,146 Posts
I wear 'em over,and buy them longer for the bike. So if I normally wear a 32" inseam, I buy 34s for riding. These are good too, to keep them from riding up-

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So it's over then.......dont know what i'll do with the leathers then, i got them new just about 2 months ago and are the best fitting i've had yet, plus armoured at the knees and hip.........this is a bummer

Well unless i take them to get altered at the bottom

·
Registered
318 Posts
Sty, thread title is Jeans in or out? Yor wearin leather pants. If tuckin em in worx then wear em that way. It's function not form. Fk wat others may think. This is yor ride not some fashion sho.. Lest yor a village people? but then you'd be ridin a hardley!
^^^^What he said!^^^^

·
Registered
991 Posts
You Bet!

Ditto for me! As to the question about the jeans, I tuck them inside my boot uppers and keep the leathers on the outside. Friggin' bugs are huge here and bite when they get up your pantleg....:mad: Also, in the cool weather riding it is nice to keep the breeze OFF the knees...:cool: PLUS, when your wife describes you as "wholesomely unnattractive", who cares what you look like in the parking lot?:D

·
Registered
394 Posts
The not-too-fat girls look pretty cute with their pants tucked into their boots. Men, fat or otherwise, don't.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I wear 'em over,and buy them longer for the bike. So if I normally wear a 32" inseam, I buy 34s for riding. These are good too, to keep them from riding up-

PatC,

What are those clips called? Where can I get a pair?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Ponch I don't think you can find any of them in Texas. Half the people down there probably don't know what a mitten is. Lol!! I wear my jeans over the boots I wouldn't tuck them unless I had a real fancy set of cowboy boots at a rodeo. Even then I'd prob put the jeans over. They don't ride up enough for me to even worry about even on the highway pegs.

·
Premium Member
3,146 Posts
PatC,

What are those clips called? Where can I get a pair?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Being a product of the ,60s UK rocker scene ,we always wore ex RAF flying boots with the jeans inside them . Since I am now 68 and still wearing flying boots ,old habits die hard . So still jeans inside . But whocares ,individual choice . Rod

·
Registered
643 Posts
My Drill Instructors taught me that only Sailors and Coasties tuck their pants in their boots. Maybe Airfolks, too, but they don't rate.
And real life working cowboys, Lloyd. :D

·
Premium Member
3,146 Posts
And real life working cowboys, Lloyd. :D
Only when in the corral where the poop is ankle deep! Never on a horse. At least none of the cowboys I was raised with. :D

·
Registered
643 Posts
Only when in the corral where the poop is ankle deep! Never on a horse. At least none of the cowboys I was raised with. :D
Yep. Chaps on the horse, Pat. For them danged mesquites and cacti . . .

·
Registered
450 Posts
I was told only hookers and 10 year olds can get away with tucking their jeans in their boots, but to each their own =)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts