Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up an excellent condition '07 900 Custom with 3,000 miles on it, off Craigslist last week. I'm a first time rider. Put about 300 miles on it so far. Absolutely love the bike. Best off, my buddies are way envious. A great buy.... a great buy indeed!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Congrats on the new custom!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I was going to wait until spring to buy a bike but I think I got a good deal. Hopefully I can get in a month or so of riding in before the weather turns for the worse here in Michigan.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Great looking bike. And you got the fastest color! Also, just curious, as a first time rider have you thought about the MSF course?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I for sure wanted to take the MSF course. Unfortunately the course located near me is only offered during the evening hours with a Saturday road ride, which is inconvenient for me because I work second shift. I have a friend that teaches a MSF course that has given me many pointers and enlightenment's. Michigan law enables a user to acquire a temporary permit that allows them to ride with other licensed motorcycle drivers. Just cruising with friends and taking it slow to gain experience and then I will take the required road(parking lot) State test to fulfill my endorsement.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Some thing else you may try, call your local Sheriffs dept. as some of the bike patrol officers also give riding classes that can work with your schedule. They also will teach you on your own bike so you know your limits. I was previously employed as a deputy so thats how I found out about it. Or check with the local bike shops to find instructors.

·
Registered
450 Posts
love the styling of the custom but me being married meant I had to get the LT lol one of these days I'll get that front wheel and fairing!

·
Registered
742 Posts
i love my custom... had an '09 classic and the feel does not compare! now the only problem is becoming mod happy?!?!

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'm jealous.
You guys don't have to ride around with a bottle of slime in your saddle bag since you have tubeless tires!:D

·
Registered
742 Posts
on the classic, it was more of an upright sitting position. i tried to recline as much as i could when riding.

with the custom the bars are angled different and the seat (esp. with my saddlemen solo now) sits me better. i am more lounged back and stretched out. the curve of the body actually makes highway speeds bearable where on the classic if i didn't have the windshield on i was fighting the wind... the custom, no windshield and no problems!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts