Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

Was looking on a UK custom site that advertises Jardine rumblers for approx' £500 uk pounds sterling. They state that these pipes when fitted require no Hypercharger or Power Commander and are the best bang for buck in relation to performance gains. I'd like to know if anybody is running these pipes, and are these claims likely to be true ? Many thanks Yilt

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi Yilt,
I too saw the Custom Cruisers website, I did some research on the web and it seems that the Jardine pipes have not such a good reputation for quality. I have just fitted Vance and Hines Powershots. Fantastic quality but b****y noisey, just had an extra baffle tube welded in and double wadding packed around the baffle and its still LOUD. I have a Power commander fitted and have just mounted a Kuryakyn Corsair snorkel filter. Power increase is very noticable, but no matter how many adjustments to the mapping and marbeling air valves etc its seems impossible to avoid popping and backfires on a closed throttle. I'm very pleased with the V&H but make sure you do some research because its really loud. In hind sight I would have gone for the Cobra or Roadhouse 2:1
I don't care what the various posts say, I feel a power commander or such like is a must, I correspond with a member in Brum and he has the same pipes, same baffle mods and the same mapping problems trying to resolve the popping. I hope this helps mate. Martyn

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Yilt,
I too saw the Custom Cruisers website, I did some research on the web and it seems that the Jardine pipes have not such a good reputation for quality. I have just fitted Vance and Hines Powershots. Fantastic quality but b****y noisey, just had an extra baffle tube welded in and double wadding packed around the baffle and its still LOUD. I have a Power commander fitted and have just mounted a Kuryakyn Corsair snorkel filter. Power increase is very noticable, but no matter how many adjustments to the mapping and marbeling air valves etc its seems impossible to avoid popping and backfires on a closed throttle. I'm very pleased with the V&H but make sure you do some research because its really loud. In hind sight I would have gone for the Cobra or Roadhouse 2:1
I don't care what the various posts say, I feel a power commander or such like is a must, I correspond with a member in Brum and he has the same pipes, same baffle mods and the same mapping problems trying to resolve the popping. I hope this helps mate. Martyn
Hi Martyn, thanks for that post mate, I found that helpful. I was out on the beast today, can't get off the damn thing. It performs well as a standard bike. I wish I could test a modded bike and feel the difference and whether it would be worth it. I've modded every bike that i've ever owned, but I'm thinking of leaving this one alone. What do you think ?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi Yilt,
I defy you to not modify the beast. Mine was new in November, due to the terrible winter I'm still running her in. Had every intention of keeping her standard, Ha fat chance. Too much time in a warm garage, I'm about done now just want some time to rack some miles up. Thats three of us here now with V2K's we should all meet up some time, you would get a chance to try a modified bike. My email is [email protected] send me a mail, me and Allan in Birmingham have this info sharing thing going. Cheers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi folks,

Was looking on a UK custom site that advertises Jardine rumblers for approx' £500 uk pounds sterling. They state that these pipes when fitted require no Hypercharger or Power Commander and are the best bang for buck in relation to performance gains. I'd like to know if anybody is running these pipes, and are these claims likely to be true ? Many thanks Yilt
Well I have had a rethink here and sadly may be putting my Powershots up for sale...I have had them fitted with two extra baffle tubes and repacked,the noise is quite acceptable and not too loud,in fact they sound good and out harley a harley! Only thing I still cant get round is the occasional pop and bang on the over run..which Always always occurs at low revs.
They are perfect on the over run at speed or whatever.But tickling along at about 30/40 it can be heard.
I have refitted OE pipes and gone back to quiet.
I really miss the beautiful rumble that parts the traffic,they are the best sounding,but cant seem to dial out the occasional pop n bang.
The power commander does the trick to a degree as I had it richened up and that did stop it a bit..but I reckon after talking with PDQ Dyno in Berkshire today that no matter what you do as its a large V twin with 1k per cylinder it is always gonna do it occasionally.

So anyone want some V and H,s to experiment with? £300 (cost me over 500 last month)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts