Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with the Jardine Forward controls? I bought my Meanie a couple of months back and it came with Jardines on it. I didn't care for them so I pulled them off. I sold them to a guy and he said he couldn't get the brake side to line up and I'm just wondering if anyone had any experience with them to tell me if these don't belong on a Meanie. I didn't have any issues removing them, and the only reason I didn't care for them was because I'm only 5'10" and they were too far forward for me. I've included a photo of the rear of the brake side.

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
Is there any difference between your rear brake setup and his? Different years? It looks like some are only made for specific years, maybe you guys' have different year meanies and different mechanisms down there?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rasta, I didn't consider that. His is an '05 and mine is an '06. I didn't consider there could be that much difference between 1 year but it's definitely possible.

I guess I'll just sit on these and lock them away in storage lol

·
Registered
360 Posts
What exactly is not lining up? The bolts? The linkages? What? I had a set briefly and I recall it did take a little "tweaking" to get the piston to line up right.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What exactly is not lining up? The bolts? The linkages? What? I had a set briefly and I recall it did take a little "tweaking" to get the piston to line up right.
Piston shaft was crooked. I asked if he was adjusting the nuts and he said yes. I am not the most mechanically inclined, had my father help me get them off, but we didn't have any issues with it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
One side has a bit of rash on the bottom where the PO got a little crazy in a turn lol

I'd like to see $250 for them.
Not a bad price, TBH. Mine currently has highway bars and kuryakan offset adjustable highway pegs, and I'm considering trying out just having forwards instead.

What are the chances you'd be interested in trading highway bar/pegs for forwards? Truth be told, I'm not 100% sure I want to swap, just trying to gauge your feelings on the potential for a deal.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not a bad price, TBH. Mine currently has highway bars and kuryakan offset adjustable highway pegs, and I'm considering trying out just having forwards instead.

What are the chances you'd be interested in trading highway bar/pegs for forwards? Truth be told, I'm not 100% sure I want to swap, just trying to gauge your feelings on the potential for a deal.
Thank you for the offer sir, but I already have a set of crash bars

·
Registered
171 Posts
So I looked at the listing for jardine forwards for the mean streak, it says they should work for all from 2002-2008.

I really wish I could buy those from you, maybe I'll have to see if I can sell my crash bars to raise the cash

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I looked at the listing for jardine forwards for the mean streak, it says they should work for all from 2002-2008.

I really wish I could buy those from you, maybe I'll have to see if I can sell my crash bars to raise the cash
Thank you for the info sir.

I just have them hanging out in the box lol. I doubt they're going anywhere fast.

Just let me know.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Funny enough, they're still in the box from being shipped back to me...just hanging out in the storage room.
Seems I only have 3 posts so can't reply to your PM.

would you be able to send me pix?
I already have a set on my vn1600A2 but they are very badly damaged and while they work they look like total shit, what would postage to AU cost do you think?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Seems I only have 3 posts so can't reply to your PM.

would you be able to send me pix?
I already have a set on my vn1600A2 but they are very badly damaged and while they work they look like total shit, what would postage to AU cost do you think?
Uzi, I don't think I've ever posted anything to AU before, but if you deem the pics worthy, I can definitely plop them back in the box and get you a shipping quote.

It may be a few days on the pics as the Mrs and I are heading out of town tomorrow morning for a few days, but I will get them for you no later than this weekend.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Uzi, I don't think I've ever posted anything to AU before, but if you deem the pics worthy, I can definitely plop them back in the box and get you a shipping quote.

It may be a few days on the pics as the Mrs and I are heading out of town tomorrow morning for a few days, but I will get them for you no later than this weekend.

Thanks.
Yeah no problem. not in any rush.
when you have them shoot me a pm with your email and ill send you a message. cheers,
enjoy your time away.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah no problem. not in any rush.
when you have them shoot me a pm with your email and ill send you a message. cheers,
enjoy your time away.
UZI,
I had a couple of extra minutes last night, so I went ahead and grabbed you some pictures.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts