Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please post your bikes here to be entered in this month's Bike of the Month contest!

To enter your Vulcan, all you need to do is tell us a little about it, and post some photo(s). And don't forget the story behind the bike because that can often turn the trick!

The winner for each round will be chosen by our members' votes! A new voting thread will be created near the end of the month.

Year:
Model:
Eng size:
Pipes:
Seat:
Wheels:
Accessories:
And the story:

As long as you haven't won in the past year you can enter again.

Please post your entries in the active month's thread. That thread will be closed at the end of the month. We'll start a poll with that month's entries and the winner will be named and have their bike featured on the home page.

You must have accumulated 15 posts in order to enter a bike, or to discuss the bikes, or to vote. You will be able to view the bikes, but not discuss them, vote on them, or enter your own until you have accumulated 15 posts. This is the same number of posts that has been required in the past to vote for BOTM.

Please note; You may be disqualified if you 'rally votes' from other members. This can include sending private messages asking for votes, posting new threads asking for forum members to vote for you, etc.

Please be respectful when discussing other members bikes. You may also be disqualified for unsportsman-like comments about other bikes, which can include insults, demeaning comments, or demanding in open forums or PM's that others not vote for them or that they be disqualified. If you have a legitimate concern that someone is not competing fairly and should not be considered for voting, PM a moderator

·
BOTM Winner, January 2015
51 Posts
2006 Vulcan 2000 classic LT- Indian Chief Roadmaster Replica

Hi,
here is my Indian Chief Roadmaster replica I created from a stock 2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 Classic LT, various Indian parts, and home-fabricated accessories.
Year: 2006
Model: Vulcan 2000 Classic LT
Eng size: 2053 cc
Pipes: Cobra Speedster Longs/baffles removed with homemade chrome tips
Seat: Corbin custom leather
Wheels: RC Components Royal pattern
Accessories (front to back): Bumper guard, Indian fender light which works, fender tips, polished oem rotors and bolts, Speigler steel braided brake lines, Barnet steel cables, Chromed front fork bodies with covers removed, chromed oem top triple clamp, Progressive fork lowering kit 2", Cobra light bar, Kuryakyn silver bullet signals, custom leather mudflaps and tool bag by Ledoux Leather, Cobra freeway bars, Baron Custom Big Johnson handlebar, chrome riser cover, chrome wide levers, Arlen Ness grips, chrome control covers, front Roadmaster emblem with homemade mount, 1940 Indian horn with homemade mounts (wired and works), oem windshield customized to accept horn, chrome caliper covers, chrome radiator and brake reservoir covers (front and rear), modified coil wires with accel brand plug wire sleeves, modified Indian air filter cover (I hand painted) used as a coil cover, Cobra floor boards and shift pegs, homemade fringe, Indian oil and fuel chrome tank screw caps (modified and glued to tank) speedometer Indian decals and Indian data tag (vn2000 specs) made in Photoshop, chrome speedometer visor, Euro Gear mod, saddlebags by Osprey Limited, chromed oem saddlebag brackets, Homemade velocity stacks with chromed PJ Motorsports triple screen covers, secondary throttle plates removed, homemade chrome idle adjuster, PC III USB Power Commander with Evan Steel Performance custom tune, chrome regulator cover, chrome crank case breather filter with homemade mount, chrome oil filler cap, rear suspension 2" lowering block, Indian rear fender bumper modified, chrome engine bolt and screw caps, chrome pin stripe molding, custom paint (1920's Reeve's Pulley Red- also one of the old Indian red colors). I think that's it.......

The story: This bike is modeled after a 1940 Chief and 1951 Roadmaster. After my Vulcan had an unexpected accident in the garage, my insurance company was kind enough to be very generous with payment of my claim. Since the bike was pretty much trashed, I decided to rebuild her as a custom. At first I built a custom race bobber to take to Bonneville (she had 108 rwhp and 134 lb rwtq) and very quick.... after that wild hair wore off (never did race her) I decided to build what I couldn't afford to buy but always dreamed of riding; Indian motorcycle. Only working with a limited amount of money, I fashioned most of the accessories homemade from Ace Hardware and O'Reily's Auto Parts. Using basic tools, in the garage with a wobbly garbage can as a work bench and c-clams on my garage door track as a vise, I went to work on transforming and stripped down frame-engine-wheels, into my dream bike which looks better than the real thing! The project took on it's own life and 6 years later, I am just about finished minus homemade rear crash bars to wrap around the exhaust. That's coming soon.
I hope you like her cuz I sure do!

Attachments

·
BOTM Winner, January 2015
51 Posts
thanks everyone for the real nice comments! I would like to see some more entries. I love viewing the bikes on this site. Everyone does a great job at building some awesome customs. I look forward to seeing some more entries!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: EN500C
Eng size: 498cc, before carbon deposits
Pipes: stock, dented and scratched
Seat: none
Wheels: stock, rusted
Accessories: clutch assist, rear luggage rack, leather tassles
And the story: Bike was given to me. (Don't know if this is a blessing or curse- only time will tell. To view the ongoing saga, go to http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158530 .

Current photo is in my gallery.

A vote for my bike will be appreciated, but perhaps not by any visitors to this site.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I got my 99 1500 Nomad in August after a 14 year break from riding. I had 5 Goldwings before,but wanted something a bit different this time.After looking at several different brands and models,I finally decided I would really like a Nomad. Found this one on Craigslist and drove from Antioch,Il to Duluth MN and got her bought. Here she is as purchased...

What I learned was there were all kinds of cool aftermarket parts to be bought and added,something I never did with my wings. Over the last couple months I added a longer brake pedal,laid down the license plate,and removed some of the black matte vinyl the previous owner had put on. Just wanted to show a little more color. Around thanksgiving,I put in a JOG,and also the Judges washers,and added some Vance and Hines Dual Baggers.Then I decided I wanted a batwing,and found one on EBay for a reasonable cost. Of course I had to add a stereo/ CD player,with 400 watt amp,mustang studded seat,and 4.5 inch risers,and some nice HD fog lights for good measure.Also lowered the back of my floorboards an inch for more comfort. Here's how she turned out...

Got to take her out today for the first time since the batwing was installed as we hit 40+ degrees here in northern IL. Got to say the comfort level was greatly improved,the stereo rocked,and I loved the rumble from the new pipes. I did all the work,including the paint on the fairing.Pretty pleased with the results! I have decided to name her " Miz Ruby"

·
Premium Member
12,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Year: 1998
Model: EN500C
Eng size: 498cc, before carbon deposits
Pipes: stock, dented and scratched
Seat: none
Wheels: stock, rusted
Accessories: clutch assist, rear luggage rack, leather tassles
And the story: Bike was given to me. (Don't know if this is a blessing or curse- only time will tell. To view the ongoing saga, go to http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158530 .

Current photo is in my gallery.

A vote for my bike will be appreciated, but perhaps not by any visitors to this site.
Include one or more pics here so your bike can be compared with the others side by side.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Year: 2006
Model: VN2000 CL
Eng size: 2047
Pipes: RoadHouse Slip On
Seat: Mustang Wide Vintage Studded Solo
Wheels: Stock
Accessories: A long list that has changed a lot over the years.

And the story:
My VN2000 started out Black, but with a little help from Mike Lamborne of MountainMan Art it was transformed to Realistic Fire.
The painting was done shortly after we purchased it new. I actually helped design the layout based on some of the accessories that were going on the bike.
The Dragon on the Corbin Fairing is from our web site. We have had a lot of fun trying things out on this bike. This bike is ridden and is just not for show. I think it has about 35,000 miles on it.

http://www.valueaccessories.net/VN2000/VN 2000.htm

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.