Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congrats!!!

This is my 1999 Vulcan Vn800a. Vince and Hines Exhaust, custom upholstered seat, and many features: Chromed front break caliper, chromed front forks, new tripple trees (possibly stretched?), air spoiler under the radiator, bars, mirrors, clouded windshield, custom paint, tachometer, Jardine forward controls, hypercharger, chrome side pannels between tank and the front frame, and of course my Guardian Bell.

I got this motorcycle last year the end of June. I am 19. My parents had just purchased a 2009 vulcan 900 Lt and at that time I had the "hand-me-down" 93 nighthawk 250. After a few bike nights here and there and a few trips to dinner on the bikes, I got one question over and over more times than I could possibly keep track. "Are you a beginner?" I've driven bikes 1000cc and up so it wasnt a very good position to be in. After 2 years with that nighthawk we had a garage sale and I came home to my father riding up the street with this bike. It was a complete surprise for working hard in school and they said it was more for them than it was for me. My mother said "we got this for you so we aren't embarrassed to be seen with you!" It was all in fun and jokes. I cried when it finally sank in and I havent been able to stop riding or stop thinking about the time i can get it back out on the road again.

If you made it through all this, congtrats! It was something like this that truly lit the fire in my soul to have the passion for motorcycles that I have today.

·
Registered
67 Posts
very nice bike, im 21 and this is my second bike but first bike project. just bought it, 2000vn800a and tore it all apart to build it back up again. cant wait going to be semi custom like yours.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts