Discussion Starter #1
Congrats Mr Bones!

Model: Vulcan Classic LT
Year: 2008
Engine Size: 900
Pipes: Cobra 2 onto 1 Power Pro
Seat: Russell Day-Long with Driver Backrest
Wheels: Stock Wire Wheels with Metzer 880 Tires
Accessories: Bike-Tite tinted Windshield. Cobra Light Bar, Driver & Passenger Floorboards, Front Brake Reservoir Cover and Rear Rack. Baron Tachometer. Kawasaki Freeway Bar. K&N Air Fllter (adapted to stock) with Custom Cover. Kuyakyn Shift/Brake Pedal Covers and Isogrips with Throttle Boss. Mustang Bib with Pouch. Ghost Bracket Saddlebag Quick Release System. Stebel Nautilus Horn. Signal Minder. Analog Dash Clock. True Right/Left Turn Indicators. 3rd Brakelight License Plate Frame.
Story: I rode a Suzuki Burgman 650 for 3 years when I decided to move over to a shiftier side of life. After much research, I decided on the Vulcan 900LT. Back in March of '09, when I cruised by Good Times in Carmichael, they had a new 2008 900LT in my favote color scheme on closeout at 19% off of MSRP. I jumped on it and brought it home. The bike was dubbed Eljay (or L.J. for Long Journey). As time passed I did one mod after another making the ride my own. The biggest one was changing over the stock seat for a Russell Day Long Seat which rides like a Lazy Boy Recliner. I average almost 1000 miles per month. My wife, Sandy and I go a lot of places and have been from San Francisco to Lake Tahoe and Southern Oregon on Eljay. This bike is definitely a keeper!!!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Congrats man that is a very nice looking scoot you have there, I must admit to some envy on the russell day long seat. I can butt dream:D

·
Registered
657 Posts
Thanks everyone. The Metzlers seem to be pretty good tires. They deffinately are much better than the stock Dunlops. The tread seems to be wearing much slower and the handling also is an improvement. As for bling and farkles, I think I'm there. The seat is the crowning touch as it were. The bottom line is that Eljay is a real pleasure to ride.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Thanks everyone. The Metzlers seem to be pretty good tires. They deffinately are much better than the stock Dunlops. The tread seems to be wearing much slower and the handling also is an improvement. As for bling and farkles, I think I'm there. The seat is the crowning touch as it were. The bottom line is that Eljay is a real pleasure to ride.
Congratz Bones! BEAUTIFUL bike!

Curious... how long have ya had the iso grips on the bike? I've heard a few folks say that the black comes off the grips, staining their hands. Any such happenings with yours?

·
Registered
657 Posts
They've been on there since late March, last year. I haven't had any problems with them, but then I always ride with gloves. I really like riding with them... very comfortable...

·
Registered
441 Posts
Thats really awesome RB!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts