Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a good recommendations for jackets in hot weather? I live in SW Florida where it's stupid hot and humid most of the year. Barely any riders wear any gear here, let alone jackets. I don't want to be one of them. I have ordered 3 mesh jackets but they all are really heavy. And I would just cook in the sun at a stop light. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Both Tour Master and Joe Rocket make great reasonably priced gear. I have the Intake 3.0 and find it to be a good 3 season jacket ( with the liners) . I find I can't take the heat like I did 15 years ago. motorcycle gear .com has some decent prices.
/www.motorcyclegear.com/street/jackets_jerseys_and_vests/mesh_jackets/tour_master/intake_air_4_jacket.html
what have you already tried ??
I did get this last year and found it to make a HUGE difference. The difference between riding 200 miles and deciding to stay in the AC difference.
www.cyclegear.com/gear/bilt-cooling-waterproof-vest

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Joe Rocket Phoenix Ion: like it a lot. Waiting for correct size to be sent.

Joe Rocket Phoenix 5.0. Somewhat heavy

First Gear Mesh Tex: super heavy

·
END OF YEAR BIKE 2018 Winner
862 Posts
This is the one I ride with:

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0019FGCIE/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

I find it to be quite comfortable even when it gets into those Midwest kettle cooker days. It's held up nicely for three years.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I also have the Joe Rocket Phoenix Ion. I've had it for over 2 years and use it in all kinds of weather. The mesh allows for free flow while moving, and it comes with a rain liner and quilted liner. Holding it up to the light shows just how open the mesh is. I've used it in 100°+ temps (I live in Texas) and in 30° temps with both liners in. It eliminates the need to pack 2 jackets when I go on my yearly trips. This is my second mesh jacket, the other being a Xelement, and both are hot when not moving, so I try not to stop lol! I guess it's just the nature of the beast. With both liners in it is surprisingly heavy but once it's on I don't notice it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts