Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.jpcycles.com/product/500-839

So I bought these handlebars to install on my 2007 Vulcan Custom. Got some risers etc and installed them last night. They look great, but here's my questions:

1.) My master cylinder doesn't sit quite level on these bars. Is that a problem?

2.) Once I installed the housings back on each side I have about 4" left to install my grips. This means my grips will not slide up far enough to where the end of the bar meets the butt of the grip. (They are ISO Grips) Is this a problem?

The bars were cheap enough I figured I would roll the dice to see if they worked, but I didn't think about this stuff until I was trying to finish the install last night. I'm sort of at a stand still. This wrenching newbie needs some help. Thanks!

·
Registered
918 Posts
1) No
2) Since ISO grips are solid, you shouldn't have any issues with them hanging off a bit. Now if they were rubber grips, then you would have problems with them collapsing on the ends.

I had ISO grips for a VN750 with a Z style handle bar. It was shorter than stock and the grips hung off an inch or so. No issues then.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts