Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone, I have downloaded the owners manual for the Custom 900 and cannot find what I'm looking for. I've check this site and still cannot find it.. Okay don't all laugh to loud....

I cannot for the life of me find out how to get to my battery :confused: I am installing Lizard Lights but you need this one important part.. POWER..

I just cannot see the terminal leads, I've taken the seat off but again nothing.. I know it's there, my headlights and blinkers work.. oh yeah my bike starts all the time.. :)

Sorry for the stupid question.. I'm just not seeing what I should

UPDATE** I have done a little searching and found out it is behind the side covers????? Again lost my mind, but how do I get them off? Do they both have to come off or just one?

Thanks everyone

·
Registered
306 Posts
you have to remove the few screws that hold the little tool box under the seat in place . the battery is under there.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you have to remove the few screws that hold the little tool box under the seat in place . the battery is under there.

Thanks RONC... I'll check that out a little later on today. Actually heading to CT for a ride today.. have a great day! I cannot believe it's going to be almost 70 in Mass/RI/CT

·
Registered
292 Posts
The battery is not behind the side covers; the battery is under the tool kit ronc mentioned. However, to take the side covers off, take the seat off; there is a retaining ring built into the side covers. I know; broke both my side covers trying to get them off before I found this little tidbit.

·
Registered
941 Posts
You broke both? Figured if you broke one, might as well break the other one too so you would have a matching set? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
292 Posts
Eh, Jace, ya know, um, well, ya see, er, the thing is........next question!!!! :foot-in-mouth:

·
Registered
372 Posts
yeah, Like above there are 2 screws you have to take out. One on each side of what looks like a box cap under the center of the seat area. Then you just lit the whole thing right out. It takes all of a few seconds.

I take mine out all the time seeing as I like to hook up my battery tender when I'm not riding seeing as it can be a couple weeks in between rides. I was going to hard wire in some leads but I just haven't gotten around to doing it, lol. Mostly because I was going to also add in a USB power port as well as a 12v power port but I just haven't had the time and now I'm selling the bike so no big deal for me at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts