Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Ive got a 95 mod a vulcan 1500 88. My dad gave it to me and love to get road worthy to ride with him again

683 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  1C🕶️LMOFO 
#1 ·
I got it running but it back fires and also got oil all over the place just wiped everything down to find out what all is leaking. I've over filled the oil a week ago when I got her running but realized it was over filled. I drove her today ran good but all the sudden lost power and felt a delay in response when I gave it gas. Got home and oil seemed to leak all over. Help please my dad would like to go ride with me on this bike.

#2 ·
If it's like my 07, the crank vent hose is piped up to the right side dog dish. If you overfilled the oil it might have been pumped up there and got into the carbs. Mine is fuel injected and I don't know if yours is a similar setup but it's worth a look.

#3 ·
Well got the oil leak pinned pointed to the back valve cover gasket. But I think I'm not going to drop motor for the replacement. I'm going to cut the frame over the rear jug. I'm a faricator/welder so dont no why this wont work. Just got to make sure the frame stays straight and even going back together. Will let y'all no how it works out for me
Wish me luck.

#4 ·
Well got the oil leak pinned pointed to the back valve cover gasket. But I think I'm not going to drop motor for the replacement. I'm going to cut the frame over the rear jug. I'm a faricator/welder so dont no why this wont work. Just got to make sure the frame stays straight and even going back together. Will let y'all no how it works out for me
Wish me luck.
When you say fab/welder........do you just jig production weld or stick build and weld,or something with no kind of print just from your thoughts and weld.......structure certification weld or hot fast weld?...........I ask not to be a dick but only to offer up ideas to help if needed !😎🤙🧑‍🏭.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.