Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone that has had their ecu flashed.any trouble with the payment?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thnx for reply.i an sending him my ecu Wednesday. Really anxious about it.heard alot of positive about the reflashing.

Yeah... no point of repeating what you can easily find on this forum, but in the nutshell... it is like a new, almost totally different bike after the flash. I am really happy with it.
As for sending the unit...don't worry about it, lots of people have done it and I guess that if you follow the instructions there should be no problems at all.
I was going to send it myself but I was in the area one time and Ivan flashed my ECU while I waited... super cool guy :)

Have a good one.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thank you sir,no worries here.

You're going to love it!

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Admittedly the flash does provide a substantial performance boost and I'm happy with it. However, it's not perfect, or at least mine isn't. Nothing dramatic but sometimes I get momentary hesitation in 1st or 2d when I just crack the throttle slowly in the mid 2K RPM range. And that's not consistent. I like the flash enough to overlook this slight flaw though. I'm going to take a wild guess here and say that of all those who have had their ECU's flashed, that mine is the only one with this little tic.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Admittedly the flash does provide a substantial performance boost and I'm happy with it. However, it's not perfect, or at least mine isn't. Nothing dramatic but sometimes I get momentary hesitation in 1st or 2d when I just crack the throttle slowly in the mid 2K RPM range. And that's not consistent. I like the flash enough to overlook this slight flaw though. I'm going to take a wild guess here and say that of all those who have had their ECU's flashed, that mine is the only one with this little tic.
I have that tic in third gear when I get down to around 25. Occasionally. I also have pinging in 5th and 6th when I really crack the throttle. That said, the performance is soooooo much better, I am very happy with the flash. I don't NEED to crack the throttle all the way to the wall with the flash except very occasionally, and then usually in lower gears, where I don't get pinging.

Highly recommend the flash.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
I have that tic in third gear when I get down to around 25. Occasionally. I also have pinging in 5th and 6th when I really crack the throttle. That said, the performance is soooooo much better, I am very happy with the flash. I don't NEED to crack the throttle all the way to the wall with the flash except very occasionally, and then usually in lower gears, where I don't get pinging.

Highly recommend the flash.
I regularly use top tier 93 octane. I also get some light pinging if I do the same. Always try to come down a couple gears if I have to get on it when I need to pass someone. Other that that I'm happy I left the dog behind and flashed. I had it done last June on a trip to Maine. Stopped in and had it done while I waited. Maybe 15 minuets. When I left the shop it was like a completely different bike. For the first few hundred miles, couldn't take the smile off my face. :grin2:

·
Registered
78 Posts
check the slack on your throttle tube.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
check the slack on your throttle tube.
Maybe hesitation wasn't the correct term. Anyway it's not that. Maybe a slight skip would be a better term. Nothing dramatic, just a slight hiccup if you will. Doesn't feel like a fuel or air issue, more like ignition. The performance increase way offsets any thing like this. Runs like a raped ape. Still happy with it though. :grin2:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Maybe hesitation wasn't the correct term. Anyway it's not that. Maybe a slight skip would be a better term. Nothing dramatic, just a slight hiccup if you will. Doesn't feel like a fuel or air issue, more like ignition. The performance increase way offsets any thing like this. Runs like a raped ape. Still happy with it though. :grin2:
I experience this occasionally as well. It's not consistent and impossible to reproduce if I wanted to. Just as you say , a slight miss. It only happens when I'm holding a steady, low rpm, usually in 2nd gear...which doesn't happen very often :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I experience this occasionally as well. It's not consistent and impossible to reproduce if I wanted to. Just as you say , a slight miss. It only happens when I'm holding a steady, low rpm, usually in 2nd gear...which doesn't happen very often :)

Ok.reinstalled ecu.followed instructions. I did not see error code 98 on dashboard.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ok.reinstalled ecu.followed instructions. I did not see error code 98 on dashboard.

That's odd. Did it fire up okay?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Running it for a few minutes won't hurt it. You can at least see if it runs

·
Registered
57 Posts
RPMs will jump around a bit

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just talked to Ivan. I'm good to go.error code sometimes won't show.and I can put octane booster in tank for now.until I get high octane.whoo.hoo.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just talked to Ivan. I'm good to go.error code sometimes won't show.and I can put octane booster in tank for now.until I get high octane.whoo.hoo.

Right on! Enjoy, I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Hang on tight when you shift into 2nd! Lol

1 - 20 of 78 Posts