Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

1700 Nomad owner here and former 900 owner. I recently had my Nomad's ECU reflashed by Ivan at Ivan's Performance Products. For those who haven't followed this on the 1700 subforum, the reflash reprograms the ECU for better (MUCH better) performance. It's a bit like adding a fuel processor, though my impression is that it is probably quite a bit better, as it adjusts the timing as well as the mixture.

Anyway, while I was in his shop having it done in June (took all of 15 minutes) I remarked something like "I bet a lot of 900 owners would consider this if it were available, and there are a lot of 900s out there." He looked at me and said "I'm working on it."

Just a heads up. I have no clue when it might come available, nor do I have any reason to tell you this other than that it is definitely something to consider if it does come available. The reflash on my 1700 has transformed the bike.

For the record, I had a Cobra PowerPro on my 900 that really woke the bike up. It was a great mod. The incremental benefit of the reflash on my 1700 has been even better. That observation does not imply that the reflash is necessarily better than a fuel processor. It could be that the stock 1700 is further below par than the 9 was, or it could be that my personal perception is a sample of size 1 and isn't right! In any event, I would look for this and consider it, because it's been great for many 1700 owners.

Happy and safe riding,
Dan

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Seems as I need to go there,although I love my nad,it is pretty tame,c it is the thing now
maybe this winter

·
Registered
19 Posts
I sent my ECU to Ivan and I am thoroughly impressed with the service and result. My girl performs so much better! Thanks Ivan.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts