Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just came back from NY where I went to visit Ivan to get my ECU re-flashed.
Out of all the excitement i forgot to ask if the O2 sensor has to go or it can stay plugged in.
I do understand that the "new" ECU is not using it... But is there any harm in leaving it connected?

Thanks,
Chris

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks JD... I do have the paper from Ivan that says to disconnect. I was jist wondering if it is necessary.
No big deal, will do it now :)

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
It was a good question I forgot to ask Ivan. He told me the ecu didn't look for the sensor any longer, but he disconnected mine anyway.

I was just curious, if it doesn't look for it why would it care if it was still connected?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Maybe it has to do with the O2 heater part of the sensor??? But I don't think he would instruct to unplug it if it could stay plugged in.

Mine is unplugged.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just unplugged mine, but left the sensor in place. Do you guys know what would be the size of the bolt to replace the sensor with?

·
Registered
324 Posts
I just unplugged mine, but left the sensor in place. Do you guys know what would be the size of the bolt to replace the sensor with?

IIRC it's 12mm with 1.25 thread pitch. I picked up an oil drain plug with crush washer at the local auto parts store for 5 or 6 bucks. Works perfect.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
IIRC it's 12mm with 1.25 thread pitch. I picked up an oil drain plug with crush washer at the local auto parts store for 5 or 6 bucks. Works perfect.
Thanks D-Dub

1 - 8 of 8 Posts