Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to decide the best option to choose between the ECU flash or a power commander. I'm running cobra tri-oval slip ons and stock air filter on a 2011 Vaquero. I see that people are in favor of both options, but I couldn't find anything that said which is best. The main reason I'm looking is to get rid of the deceleration popping and decrease the sluggish reaction. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I will give you my honest opinion. I had a 2013 Stryker w/ pipes and air cleaner I originally purchased a EJK fuel programmer as Ivan's flash wasn't available, the machine ran well but had heavy decal popping and some flat spots on mild acceleration/pulls. Once Ivan's flash came out other board members absolutely raved about the difference in power/performance so I sent my ECU in, Ivan suggested trying the flash with out the EJK hooked up and the machine ran 10x better than it ever had with just the EJK so I removed the EJK sold it for pennies on the dollar and never looked back. I sent my vaquero ECU in with only 10 miles on the odometer so I can't attest to the difference on it. but personally save the money and just have your ECU flashed I can promise you wont regret it!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Kan4,

Take Notmighty's advice and go with the flash. I triked my Voyager, she gained 300# and has a huge windsock on the back end now. After the conversion I bemoaned the lack of performance and quickly looked for a solution. As a 2 wheeler she was stock so my options were completely open. Before I made a decision Ivan came on the scene and I made the leap after the initial reviews were posted. I had the advantage of comparing stack 2 wheeler to stock trike to trike that has been flashed. The improvement from trike to flashed trike was huge! Thinking back to the performance of the 2 wheeler I believe the flashed trike out performs it!

Whatever you decide I hope it works for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts