Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang. I know this is redundant but have to take the time for this testimonial. I've got a brand new 2015 VV (1700kms on it now). I just rec'd my ECU back from Ivan. WOW!!!! I can't believe the difference!! Everything his ECU page says will happen, happened!! It's a different bike!! I also added Vance & Hines slip ons as part of the labotamy... No longer do I ride a sewing machine, now it's a MOTORCYCLE!!

Thanks Ivan for the great service, and the amazing end result. Thanks too, to everyone on this forum that introduced me to this and gave me confidence to fiddle with a brand new machine.

Happy Riding!

Chris

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
'Tis amazing, isn't it?

Watch for pinging on hard acceleration in 5th or 6th. I've had some.

I find the performance up through gears 1-4 amazing. no decel popping. Instant throttle response. Way more power. Was startled at first. It's nice.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Ivan's MOD

Hey gang. I know this is redundant but have to take the time for this testimonial. I've got a brand new 2015 VV (1700kms on it now). I just rec'd my ECU back from Ivan. WOW!!!! I can't believe the difference!! Everything his ECU page says will happen, happened!! It's a different bike!! I also added Vance & Hines slip ons as part of the labotamy... No longer do I ride a sewing machine, now it's a MOTORCYCLE!!

Thanks Ivan for the great service, and the amazing end result. Thanks too, to everyone on this forum that introduced me to this and gave me confidence to fiddle with a brand new machine.

Happy Riding!

Chris
Had mine done about 4 months ago and love it. The wife and I just got back from a 1000 mile trip over the weekend. Due to time constraints we had to ride the PATP & interstates more than I would have liked, but with Ivan's MOD, it made it much much more enjoyable. The more you ride the more you'll like it.:D:D

·
Registered
105 Posts

Happy Riding!

Chris
Tell me about your V & H? Does it seem to make the engine louder too or just the pipes? Tried Cobra but gonna give the Slash Cuts a shot I think (I've also done the flash but had already got the Cobras not knowing at the time I could disconnect the 02 Sensor)

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
I Agree with bigshooter I just got my ECU back Friday and I rode a lot over the 3 day week end and I found my self keep gooseing the throttle just to feel it and on top of all the fixes I also gained 2 MPG so far, I pulled the PCV off and run just the ECU Ivan flashed. I'm a happy camper:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
ECU Flash Questions

Hello,

I have 2 questions about the Ivan ECU flash.

1. Does this void the warranty? (I still have 1.5 years left on my warranty and prefer it not be voided).

2. If this is such a great improvement in performance (which I'm not doubting based on all the people raving about it) why doesn't Kawasaki pay him for it and just use it (or at least some of it) as their standard OEM settings?

Thanks.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Hello,

I have 2 questions about the Ivan ECU flash.

1. Does this void the warranty? (I still have 1.5 years left on my warranty and prefer it not be voided).

2. If this is such a great improvement in performance (which I'm not doubting based on all the people raving about it) why doesn't Kawasaki pay him for it and just use it (or at least some of it) as their standard OEM settings?

Thanks.
First answer is yes it would void the warranty on the ECU only. At least in theory.

Kawasaki is more than capable of tuning the ECU the same as Ivan. The difference is they have to deal with EPA and lawyers. Since V twins are not the cleanest running motors they have to dumb them down. In general Kawasaki's have always responded well to flashes because of the EPA, even my dealer has said that to me.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Watch for pinging on hard acceleration in 5th or 6th. I've had some.
Does that happen only on 87 octane or even with 91 premium fuel?

I like what I've read about Ivan's flash, but I have trouble finding anything but 87 around here when out on the road. Sure don't want to burn a hole in a piston if it detonates under heavy load.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Does that happen only on 87 octane or even with 91 premium fuel?

I like what I've read about Ivan's flash, but I have trouble finding anything but 87 around here when out on the road. Sure don't want to burn a hole in a piston if it detonates under heavy load.
When you read the information on Ivan's website and fill out the form for him, He clearly states that only PREMIUM fuel is to be used in the bike.

·
Registered
33 Posts
ok, does it ping with PREMIUM fuel under heavy load/acceleration in high gears?

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
ok, does it ping with PREMIUM fuel under heavy load/acceleration in high gears?
With 93 octane, I still get pinging on super hard acceleration in 5th and 6th. If want to accelerate fast enough to pass without going to the wall, I don't get pinging. It's only when I go really hard, like full throttle, that I get it in 5th and 6th. In 1st through 4th, I've not had pinging, and the response is wayyyy better than it was before the mod.

I have not talked to Ivan about this. Even if I don't fix it, I like the flash. The response is so much better than it was in 1st through 4th, and in 5th and 6th there is better response available without pinging (to my butt dyno) than there was at full throttle before. I just avoid accelerating so hard as to generate pinging.

I seem to be a rare case of pinging among those who have the original flash with no airbox mod (my air is stock). I'm still happy with the flash.

I am not remotely close to a speed demon. I do like the throttle response when I need it, however.

Happy and safe riding,
Dan

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
I have an appointment at Ivans shop on Friday. Since I live in New York I thought it would make a nice ride. fall colors might even be coming in.

I hope he has time to show me around his shop, that would be a real bonus in my book.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
So, I am back from Ivan's shop. His shop looks to be a full service shop. Just inside the garage door to the right is his dyno. Further down is the PC were he does the work. It looked to me like he can take care of tire mounting and balancing needs also.

Ivan doesn't sell new bikes, he does collect good condition older bikes. His interest lean toward 2 stroke 2 or more cylinders. Kawasaki was well represented in his collection.

I am glad I made the trip but 460 miles in one day made this 60 year old very tired when I got home. I think if make the trip again some time, I'll spend the night and absorb any local history that may be found. On the way home I did notice the coolant gauge was cooler. I look forward to using the next few weeks to assess the other improvements his flash is intended to make.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts